Author Topic: ‘Close to a deal’ to cut cost of F-35, Lockheed CEO says after Trump meeting  (Read 664 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

‘Close to a deal’ to cut cost of F-35, Lockheed CEO says after Trump meeting

By Ellen Mitchell

01/13/17 03:17 PM EST

After meeting with Donald Trump on Friday, Lockheed Martin CEO Marillyn Hewson said the company is “close to a deal” that will bring down the cost of the F-35 fighter jet — a favorite target of the president-elect.

“We had the opportunity to talk to him about the F-35 program and I certainly share his views that we need to get the best capability to our men and women in uniform and we have to get it at the lowest possible price,” Hewson told reporters after the meeting at Trump Tower in New York. “So I'm glad I had the opportunity to tell him that we are close to a deal that will bring the cost down significantly from the previous lot of aircraft to the next lot of aircraft and moreover it's going to bring a lot of jobs to the United States.”

She added: “When you think about the supply chain across 45 states in the U.S. it's going to be thousands and thousands of jobs,” she said. “And I also had the opportunity to give him some ideas on things we think we can do to continue to drive the cost down on the F-35 program so it was a great meeting.”

Hewson added that as production of the aircraft increases Lockheed will increase jobs in Fort Worth, Texas, by 1,800.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-trump-administration/2017/01/lockheed-martin-f-35-fighter-jet-deal-233609
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

I hope someone digs into this as I suspect that much of the cost results from demands made by congresscritters.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think it is amazing the extent of influence Trump has had before he even gets into office.

Think of some of the actions of companies like Lockheed and others, of countries like Taiwan or Israel, of the leftists in sanctuary cities.

Obama must be jealous indeed as no one did this prior to his becoming President, except the worthless Nobel prize for doing nothing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington