Author Topic: Georgetown professor says whites should keep ‘individual reparations account’ - Washington Times  (Read 373 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Georgetown professor says whites should keep ‘individual reparations account’

By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Georgetown University professor and author Michael Eric Dyson says white people should keep an “individual reparations account” to make donations to black groups and atone for America’s history of slavery and racism.

Mr. Dyson was discussing his forthcoming book, “Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America,” with New York Times Magazine when he touched on a subject in his book that talks about white people making reparations on the local and individual level.

The Times’ Ana Marie Cox said Mr. Dyson suggested donating to the United Negro College Fund or paying “the black person who cuts your grass double what you might ordinarily pay.”

“Look, if it doesn’t cost you anything, you’re not really engaging in change; you’re engaging in convenience,” Mr. Dyson said. “You’re engaged in the overflow. I’m asking you to do stuff you wouldn’t ordinarily do. I’m asking you to think more seriously and strategically about why you possess what you possess.

Continued: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/10/michael-eric-dyson-says-whites-should-keep-individ/

Picture of the prof. at link, I think he's been on TV before. Saw an accurate comment there yesterday.

rangerrebew

I've already got one and I every time I sit down in the bathroom, I add to it. :bullie pirate:

Wingnut

“the black person who cuts your grass double what you might ordinarily pay.”

The only time you'd ever see a black with a lawn mover is if he stole it from a mexican and hes leaving the scene of the crime.