Author Topic: Morocco bans production and sale of burqas: reports  (Read 815 times)

rangerrebew

Morocco bans production and sale of burqas: reports
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:07:08 pm »
Morocco bans production and sale of burqas: reports
[AFP]
AFPJanuary 10, 2017
In Morocco, where King Mohammed VI favours a moderate version of Islam, women prefer to wear the hijab, a headscarf which does not cover the face
View photos
In Morocco, where King Mohammed VI favours a moderate version of Islam, women prefer to wear the hijab, a headscarf which does not cover the face (AFP Photo/Abdelhak Senna)

Rabat (AFP) - Morocco has banned the production and sale of burqa full-face Muslim veils, apparently for security reasons, media reports said Tuesday.

While there was no official announcement by authorities in the North African nation, the reports said the interior ministry order would take effect this week.

"We have taken the step of completely banning the import, manufacture and marketing of this garment in all the cities and towns of the kingdom," the Le360 news site quoted a high-ranking interior ministry official as saying.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/morocco-bans-production-sale-burqas-reports-113112940.html
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 06:07:56 pm by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

Re: Morocco bans production and sale of burqas: reports
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 06:28:07 pm »
That's surprising, as I had read that Morocco was starting to become less worldly and more-Shariah-friendly.

Oussama Boutaher, a coordinator that defends Islamist prisoners, said the burqa ban amounted to "discrimination".

"This shows that we are considered second-class citizens.
Women, however, continue to be third- or fourth-class citizens in Islam, which is just fine with these morons.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:50:47 pm »
We'll see how long that lasts.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 07:37:00 pm »
That's surprising, as I had read that Morocco was starting to become less worldly and more-Shariah-friendly.
Women, however, continue to be third- or fourth-class citizens in Islam, which is just fine with these morons.

Right. Depending on how rich a moslem man is. Camel, donkey, wife. But ALWAYS with the wife last in status.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 07:37:24 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 09:45:10 pm »
Right. Depending on how rich a moslem man is. Camel, donkey, wife. But ALWAYS with the wife last in status.

I wasn't aware women had any status under Sharia.  I thought they were considered lower than whale sh*t.