Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Republican congressman John Rutherford collapses after suffering a 'massive heart attack' during House vote  (Read 430 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

• Frank Cannon: "I need a drink."
    • Bum Wine
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4111526/Republican-congressman-John-Rutherford-collapses-House-vote.html#ixzz4VW4fIRzw

Republican congressman John Rutherford has collapsed during a vote in the House.

The newly sworn-in representative from Florida suffered a 'medical emergency' in a cloakroom during a series of sessions on Wednesday, reports suggest.

He was then taken out of the Capitol on a stretcher.

Simone Pathe, a reporter for Roll Call, heard from his colleagues that he had suffered a 'massive heart attack'.

His condition is not known.

According to The Hill, he was receiving oxygen through a mask when he was wheeled to an ambulance.

Rutherford is a former sheriff from Jacksonville, Florida.

He was elected to Congress in November, succeeding Republican Ander Crenshaw, who retired after eight terms.

“I believe if you work your butt off and pay taxes, you should be able to easily understand and navigate the laws, tax codes, health care and anything else the government puts in place that affects us all,” - Robert James Ritchie

Offline TomSea

Praying for his recovery, it sounds very serious.

Offline debrawiest

• Revelation 12:11
"Let every creature in the sea
And every flying bird,
Let every mountain, every field,
And valley of the earth,
Let all the moons and all the stars
In all the universe
Sing praises to the living God
Who rules them by His Word."

Online Applewood

Dang.  Just barely got started in Congress. 

Staff denies it was a heart atrack, but won't say what it was.  Praying that it's not that serious and that he makes a full recovery.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 11:53:52 PM by Applewood »

Offline Frank Cannon

• Bum Wine
Looks like the lucky bastard dodged a bullet.

Rutherford's chief of staff Kelly Simpson released the following statement: "Congressman Rutherford is conscious, alert, and in good spirits. He did not suffer a heart attack, but he continues to be evaluated by doctors. A further update on the Congressman's condition will be provided once doctors have finished their evaluation. The Rutherford family appreciates the prayers, thoughts, and support they have received this evening."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/us-rep-former-jacksonville-sheriff-john-rutherford-taken-from-us-capitol-on-stretcher/483570962
“I believe if you work your butt off and pay taxes, you should be able to easily understand and navigate the laws, tax codes, health care and anything else the government puts in place that affects us all,” - Robert James Ritchie

Online Applewood

Offline Frank Cannon

• Bum Wine
Thanks Frank.

I'm thinking his system had trouble going to a disease riddled cesspool like DC after a normal existence in FL.

Online Chosen Daughter

• "God is our refuge and Strength"
Prayers for the Congressman and his family.
Romans 12:2 urges us, “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

Patrick Henry, American Patriot

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For that reason alone, people of other faiths have been afforded freedom of worship here."
 - Patrick Henry

Offline HonestJohn

Maybe holding marathon all-nighters in Congress isn't the best idea for elderly blow-hards?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf