Author Topic: Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire  (Read 1129 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:00:24 pm »

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Kiev officials are scrambling to make amends with the president-elect after quietly working to boost Clinton.

By Kenneth P. Vogel and David Stern   

1/11/17, 11:36 AM CET

Updated 1/11/17, 11:43 AM CET

Donald Trump wasn’t the only presidential candidate whose campaign was boosted by officials of a former Soviet bloc country.

Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office. They also disseminated documents implicating a top Trump aide in corruption and suggested they were investigating the matter, only to back away after the election. And they helped Clinton’s allies research damaging information on Trump and his advisers, a Politico investigation found.

more
http://www.politico.eu/article/ukrainian-efforts-to-sabotage-trump-backfire/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 04:04:02 pm »

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »
Ukrainian government officials tried to help Hillary Clinton and undermine Trump by publicly questioning his fitness for office.

I'm gonna jump out on a limb here and say that I doubt Ukraine had a monopoly on that take on Trump.  Hell, a substantial portion of the GOP questioned his fitness for office.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:46:51 pm »
Tillerson said:

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's secretary of state nominee, Rex Tillerson says Russia poses a danger to the U.S. and "its recent activities have disregarded American interests."

"Russia must be held accountable for its actions" such as its invasion of Ukraine, Tillerson said during his confirmation hearing Wednesday before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Tillerson told the lawmakers that “Our NATO allies are right to be alarmed by a resurgent Russia,” and said Trump has urged closer relations with Russia to address a resurgence that occurred in the "absence of American leadership."

http://www.voanews.com/a/tillerson-to-address-russia-nato-in-opening-statement-to-senate/3671630.html

Tillerson: I would have responded to Russia taking Crimea with equal force

January 11, 2017, 11:04 AM| Rex Tillerson tells the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations that he would have reacted to Russia's taking of Crimea more forcefully than the Obama administration - recommending Ukraine deploy military assets to their eastern border and bolstering U.S. military aid to Ukraine.

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/tillerson-i-would-have-responded-to-russia-taking-crimea-with-equal-force/

So, imo, Tillerson responded correctly here and these were not weak answers to the questions, most of the "hard-core" Senators in Washington had desired we aided Ukraine with stronger weapons.

Of course, some want us to butt out; but if Soros and other money has been invested in Ukraine, that is problematic somewhat because that is the "Russian sphere of influence"; we should be cautious in that regard. Ukraine also has big corruption problems too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:52:51 pm »
Hell, a substantial portion of the GOP questioned his fitness for office.

You mean that substantial number of #Nevertrumpies who kept him from winning the election?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:14:13 pm »
Tillerson must know what happened in Ukraine, some people say it was a coup, protesters were out there for months.

This may not be as bad as Ukraine thought, I guess I'll check the Kyiv Post.

Unless Tillerson is an out-and-out liar, his answers today were positive for Ukraine and for the most part mirrored what Senators like Rubio and Cruz have said, arm Ukraine.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:26:26 pm by TomSea »