Author Topic: Colorado Congressman (State Rep.) Joseph Salazar Proposes Legislation To Make Colorado A Sanctuary State  (Read 1210 times)

Offline mountaineer

Colorado Congressman Joseph Salazar Proposes Legislation To Make Colorado A Sanctuary State
January 11, 2017

Denver, CO –  Colorado State Congressman Rep. Joseph Salazar, D-Adams County, has plans to introduce a House Bill to make Colorado the first ‘sanctuary state’ in the nation.

According to The Denver Channel, Rep. Salazar plans to introduce “The Ralph Carr Freedom Defense Act” this month.  He said that the bill would “protect Colorado citizens from government overreach”, and that it is necessary because of the position of President-Elect Donald Trump.  Rep. Salazar further said “I’m going to take him for his words and actions in terms of his cabinet appointments, and we are going to prepare the state of Colorado to defend ourselves against it.”

A showdown is about to occur, according to Fox News, between President-Elect Trump’s incoming administration and sanctuary cities across the country who offer protection to illegal immigrants.  The President-Elect’s position on illegal immigration has been clear and preparations are being made by his administration to address the issue.

Border Patrol Agents caught almost 600,000 illegal immigrants in 2016 who were trying to enter the country via the nation’s southern border.  This is the highest total in almost eight years.  Chris Cabrera, of the National Border Control Council, said that the surge in illegal immigrants trying to get into the United States began after word was spread from the Obama administration that they could request asylum if they could get here.

In Los Angeles, Mayor Eric Garcetti recently announced the creation of the taxpayer-funded L.A. Justice Fund, “a multi-million dollar fund to provide legal assistance to immigrants facing deportation.”  He also said that the fund was for all illegal immigrants in the city, including those with criminal records. ...  Rest of story at Blue Lives Matter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Maybe he can try that 10th amendment thingie that the left always ignores when they are in power.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mountaineer

The posted story is a little confusing. This guy isn't a U.S. Congressman, he's a state rep. Here's a story from a Colorado news source:
Proposed bill aims to make Colorado a sanctuary state
Bill is named the Ralph Carr Freedom Defence
Sally Mamdooh
6:07 PM, Jan 9, 2017

DENVER -- If state Rep. Joseph Salazar, D-Adams Co., gets his way, Colorado could be the nation's first sanctuary state.

He plans to introduce his “Ralph Carr Freedom Defense Act” into the House this month. The bill would protect the Colorado residents from government overreach, he says.

Salazar says the passage of this is bill would be timely due to the president’s elect rhetoric on immigration.

“I’m going to take him for his words and actions in terms of his cabinet appointments, and we are going to prepare state of Colorado to defend ourselves against it,” said Joseph Salazar.
The Denver Channel (with link to proposed bill).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

Colorado Congressman Joseph Salazar Proposes Legislation To Make Colorado A Sanctuary State
January 11, 2017

Denver, CO –  Colorado State Congressman Rep. Joseph Salazar, D-Adams County, has plans to introduce a House Bill to make Colorado the first ‘sanctuary state’ in the nation.

According to The Denver Channel, Rep. Salazar plans to introduce “The Ralph Carr Freedom Defense Act” this month.  He said that the bill would “protect Colorado citizens from government overreach”, and that it is necessary because of the position of President-Elect Donald Trump.  Rep. Salazar further said “I’m going to take him for his words and actions in terms of his cabinet appointments, and we are going to prepare the state of Colorado to defend ourselves against it.”

A showdown is about to occur, according to Fox News, between President-Elect Trump’s incoming administration and sanctuary cities across the country who offer protection to illegal immigrants.  The President-Elect’s position on illegal immigration has been clear and preparations are being made by his administration to address the issue.

Border Patrol Agents caught almost 600,000 illegal immigrants in 2016 who were trying to enter the country via the nation’s southern border.  This is the highest total in almost eight years.  Chris Cabrera, of the National Border Control Council, said that the surge in illegal immigrants trying to get into the United States began after word was spread from the Obama administration that they could request asylum if they could get here.

In Los Angeles, Mayor Eric Garcetti recently announced the creation of the taxpayer-funded L.A. Justice Fund, “a multi-million dollar fund to provide legal assistance to immigrants facing deportation.”  He also said that the fund was for all illegal immigrants in the city, including those with criminal records. ...  Rest of story at Blue Lives Matter.

Do that, and I guarantee I will never set foot in Colorado again.