Author Topic: Remedy for Russian meddling should be new election  (Read 975 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Remedy for Russian meddling should be new election
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:22:23 am »
Remedy for Russian meddling should be new election
By Chris Edelson, opinion contributor - 01/11/17 02:20 PM EST

It sounds like a story lifted from the pages of a spy novel. U.S. intelligence officials have concluded that Russian dictator Vladimir Putin led a cyberespionage scheme designed to help Donald Trump win the presidential election.

What's even worse is that Putin's plan worked and Trump now seems to be siding with Russia against U.S. intelligence agencies. It's hard to know how to respond to this because it is unprecedented. But it is essential to take whatever action is necessary to make this right, as difficult, complicated and even uncomfortable as that may be.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/313776-remedy-for-russian-meddling-should-be-new-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Remedy for Russian meddling should be new election
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:15:22 am »
Russia played favorites and played dirty tricks.   All sort of actors tried to influence this election,  some through hacking and the spreading of disinformation and sleaze.

Russia should be punished.  But the American people?   The results of the election were honest - the vote count reflected the decision made by the American people.   It would be a hell of a thing to mandate a do-over - a break with the principles of democracy.   

If anything "influenced" the election, it was FBI Director Comey's about-face on investigating the rogue server.  That blunted Hillary's post-convention momentum and for the first time vaulted Trump into the lead.    The  Podesta and DNC crap was inside baseball,  it was Comey that shocked the election in its tracks.     
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:16:18 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 03:54:32 am »
Incessant agitation is the goal here. But this isn't the 1960s and I think it will backfire on the agitators.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 04:16:28 am »

If anything "influenced" the election, it was FBI Director Comey's about-face on investigating the rogue server.  That blunted Hillary's post-convention momentum and for the first time vaulted Trump into the lead. 

No it didn't. Except for the LA Times poll that usually had Trump slightly ahead, every poll consistently had Hitlary up. Donny was 2% down going into the election.

The only thing that lost the election for Hitlary was Hitlary and her terrible message and campaigning.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:17:16 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 06:40:26 am »
I like the reasoning within the article, the basis of which is: 

It's not the job of U.S. intelligence agencies to determine whether Russian hacking affected the US election results . . .

So let's go ahead and have another election and redo 2012.  I can think of a lot of reasons for a do over - here's a few.

[1] Tea party groups were silenced by the IRS

[2] Coverup of the Benghazi attack, which occured less than two months before the election

[3] Whistleblowers were silenced over the Operation Fast & Furious scandal

[4] Journalists who weren't "playing ball" had their computers hacked by the Obama administration

[5] Harry Reid falsely accused Mitt Romney of not paying his taxes on the Senate floor

[6] Military leaders cooked the books so they would show Al Queda was on the run

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:44:30 am »
They really are unhinged, aren't they?  It's just like global warming: everything that happens is evidence supporting their views, no matter what it is.  So everything that happens (or that they can claim happens) means the presidential election should be invalidated and we should vote again until they win.  Unconstitutional?  What does that mean?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!