Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: STRATCOM commander talks about growing up in Huntsville and the future of nuclear weapons  (Read 58 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
EXCLUSIVE: STRATCOM commander talks about growing up in Huntsville and the future of nuclear weapons

Jeff Martin, jmartin@waaytv.com Jan 8, 2017 Updated Jan 9, 2017 0

HUNTSVILLE, AL--In an exclusive interview, Huntsville native and Air Force General John Hyten, the commander of the United States Strategic Command spoke to Redstone Alabama's Jeff Martin about growing up in the North Alabama city, what's ahead for STRATCOM, and the future of nuclear weapons.

General Hyten graduated from Huntsville's Grissom High School in 1977, and then went to Harvard, graduating in 1981 with a commission in the United States Air Force. He says that growing up in Huntsville inspired him to join the space program, and that the Air Force was a way to do it, adding that he "started that adventure in 1977, and I'm still going. So I think the Air Force got it's money worth."

http://www.waaytv.com/redstone_alabama/exclusive-stratcom-commander-talks-about-growing-up-in-huntsville-and/article_b39fe90c-d5c1-11e6-b2dd-3bbb082567ae.html
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 05:50:32 AM by rangerrebew »
There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
Public virtue cannot exist in a nation without private, and public virtue is the only foundation of republics. There must be a positive passion for the public good, the public interest, honour, power and glory, established in the minds of the people, or there can be no republican government, nor any real liberty: and this public passion must be superior to all private passions. John Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf