Author Topic: What Exactly Is Trumpism?...By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 318 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
What Exactly Is Trumpism?...By Victor Davis Hanson
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:42:13 AM »

Support the USO

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: What Exactly Is Trumpism?...By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 08:12:32 AM »
I hope Trump cleans house within the Republican Party and gets rid of all the old Bush family retainers that run the party. Reagan never did this, and within 2 years most of his legacy was gone.

Online HoustonSam

• old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 08:53:21 AM »
It seems that surrogates and other supporters routinely have to explain what Trump meant, what they are sure he will actually do in spite of contradictory statements, and what his philosophy is.  As with Obama, Trump's followers treat him as a canvas on which they can paint their own hopes and beliefs.  Others do their best to describe a philosophy which has not been articulated by its embodiment and therefore must be inferred.

Although I am not as pragmatic as the Trump described by Hanson, I could more nearly respect and even support such a Trump if that Trump could say these things himself.  If he could put as much effort into describing clearly what he believes and why, as he puts into self-aggrandizing social media, I think he could win over grudging converts among Conservatives.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 09:10:14 AM »
Continuing to repeat the false hopes despite facts and reality saying otherwise. (Draining the swamp by bringing in swamp creatures like Reince Priebus)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf