Author Topic: What you need to know about the Navy SEAL Trump picked for his cabinet  (Read 471 times)

rangerrebew

What you need to know about the Navy SEAL Trump picked for his cabinet
By Orvelin Valle
Jan 9, 2017 4:00:00 pm
Podcast, Special Operations, US Navy, US Navy SEALs

Subscribe: iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | More Subscribe Options

New York Times best-selling author of “American Sniper” Scott McEwen joined us to discuss Ryan Zinke, the co-author, and subject of his latest book “American Commander.”

McEwin teamed with Zinke — a former SEAL Team Six Commander and the only US Navy SEAL in Congress — to write a book about the now-politician’s life.

Zinke is also Donald Trump’s pick for Secretary of the Interior.

Zinke’s military career began in 1985 when he graduated from Officer Candidate School and attended SEAL training (BUDS class 136). He was first assigned to SEAL Team One in Coronado, California, then was later selected for SEAL Team Six where he was a Team Leader and a commander.

http://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-navy-seal-trump-picked-for-his-cabinet
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 11:12:23 am by rangerrebew »

Offline montanajoe

Re: What you need to know about the Navy SEAL Trump picked for his cabinet
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 10:19:38 pm »
I voted for him twice based on his military experience not the fact that he was particularly conservative, which he's not. He should be a competent administrator unlikely to rock the boat...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »
I voted for him twice based on his military experience not the fact that he was particularly conservative, which he's not. He should be a competent administrator unlikely to rock the boat...
As long as there aren't tier 1 style raids on ranchers for watering their cattle in the wrong place.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 03:14:39 am »
   This is a great pick, a VET and from Montana, who better for Interior.  Mattis at Defense, Sessions as AG, Perry at Energy and the icing on the cake is Pruitt at EPA.
   Trump really surprised me with these and credit is due here.

*Haley and Devos get an honorable mention, from me, also.

*most of the rest suck.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.