Author Topic: Iran: U.S. Surrendered More Than $10 Billion in Gold, Cash, Assets  (Read 775 times)

Online corbe

Iran: U.S. Surrendered More Than $10 Billion in Gold, Cash, Assets

Obama admin lowballs cost of dealing with Iran

BY:  Adam Kredo   
January 9, 2017 5:00 am

The Obama administration has paid Iran more than $10 billion in gold, cash, and other assets since 2013, according to Iranian officials, who disclosed that the White House has been intentionally deflating the total amount paid to the Islamic Republic.

Senior Iranian officials late last week confirmed reports that the total amount of money paid to Iran over the past four years is in excess of $10 billion, a figure that runs counter to official estimates provided by the White House.

The latest disclosure by Iran, which comports with previous claims about the Obama administration obfuscating details about its cash transfers to Iran—including a $1.7 billion cash payment included in a ransom to free Americans—sheds further light on the White House’s back room dealings to bolster Iran’s economy and preserve the Iran nuclear agreement.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Bahram Ghasemi confirmed last week a recent report in the Wall Street Journal detailing some $10 billion in cash and assets provided to Iran since 2013, when the administration was engaging in sensitive diplomacy with Tehran aimed at securing the nuclear deal.

Ghasemi disclosed that the $10 billion figure just scratches the surface of the total amount given to Iran by the United States over the past several years.

“I will not speak about the precise amount,” Ghasemi was quoted as saying in Persian language reports independently translated for the Washington Free Beacon.

The $10 billion figure is actually a “stingy” estimate, Ghasemi claimed, adding that a combination of cash, gold, and other assets was sent by Washington to Iran’s Central Bank and subsequently “spent.”

“This report is true but the value was higher,” Ghassemi was quoted as saying.

“After the Geneva conference and the resulting agreement, it was decided that $700 million dollars were to be dispensed per month” by the U.S., according to Ghassemi. “In addition to the cash funds which we received, we [also] received our deliveries in gold, bullion, and other things.”

Regional experts who spoke to the Free Beacon about these disclosures said that the $10 billion figure offered by the Obama administration should be viewed “as a conservative estimate for what Iran was paid to stay at the table and negotiate.”

<..snip..>

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/iran-u-s-surrendered-10-billion-gold-cash-assets/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Re: Iran: U.S. Surrendered More Than $10 Billion in Gold, Cash, Assets
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 11:38:22 pm »
When purchasing uranium and heavy water government sellers (Soviets) prefer payment in gold whenever possible.  Arms dealers would rather accept currency since it doesn't leave a paper trail.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:06:23 am »
When purchasing uranium and heavy water government sellers (Soviets) prefer payment in gold whenever possible.  Arms dealers would rather accept currency since it doesn't leave a paper trail.

It was kind of Obama to be so obliging.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 12:16:07 am »
It was kind of Obama to be so obliging.

Kind?  I think it was part of his job as an Iranian agent!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:42:06 am »
Kind?  I think it was part of his job as an Iranian agent!

It does whiff of treason, doesn't it?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 12:49:46 am »
It does whiff of treason, doesn't it?
Yeah! I've had my gas mask on for eight years now!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:19:27 am »
Do we have video of Obama shouting, "Allah Akbar" when signing that executive order?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 12:56:13 pm »
I wonder if he could be prosecuted for war crimes?