Author Topic: We Do Not Pledge Allegiance To A Man Or His Giant Ego  (Read 541 times)

Online corbe

We Do Not Pledge Allegiance To A Man Or His Giant Ego
« on: January 09, 2017, 08:54:42 pm »

By Steve Berman  |  January 9, 2017, 02:19pm  |  @stevengberman

Nepotism has no place in the White House. The reason for this cannot be overstated. Personal (family) loyalty to a man cannot override loyalty to our country.

The first words Donald J. Trump uttered publicly as President-elect, after praising Hillary Clinton, were these:

Now it’s time for America to bind the wounds of division; have to get together. To all Republicans and Democrats and independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.

It’s time. I pledge to every citizen of our land that I will be president for all Americans, and this is so important to me.

For those who have chosen not to support me in the past, of which there were a few people. . .

. . . I’m reaching out to you for your guidance and your help so that we can work together and unify our great country.

From what I, and every other person with eyes and ears in America, have seen, none of this is to be taken seriously. Trump’s presidency will be all about Trump, and allegiance will be demanded of anyone working for him, to himself, personally.

In America, we do not pledge allegiance to a man. In 2008, when President Obama was sworn in to the swooning of the press, conservatives complained that he would be unrestrained in his zeal for “hope and change.” Now Trump has come, and many conservatives act worse than the leftist media they condemned for worshipping Obama.

Trump is no more presidential a mere 11 days before his inauguration than he was 15 months ago. Nothing has changed; Trump is still fighting everyone that merely looks sideways at him, or brings up his past transgressions, which he never seems to move beyond.

Donald J. Trump
✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

Hillary flunky who lost big. For the 100th time, I never "mocked" a disabled reporter (would never do that) but simply showed him.......

5:36 AM - 9 Jan 2017

He’s still pushing the theme that the media is dishonest and cannot be trusted. He does this every single day.

Donald J. Trump
✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

Dishonest media says Mexico won't be paying for the wall if they pay a little later so the wall can be built more quickly. Media is fake!

10:05 PM - 8 Jan 2017

It goes beyond keeping the media or anyone else accountable to truth-telling. It’s dangerous because the constant attacks erode the foundation of the Fourth Estate’s press protections enshrined in the First Amendment. In America, the press has a constitutional right to be biased, and to be wrong about public figures, especially the POTUS. Trump doesn’t believe in this.

Look at Russia and how RT played such an outsized role in the IC report on election tinkering. RT is state-owned media. Will Trump go that far? I wouldn’t put it past him.

But that’s not even the most troubling part of Trump’s cult of personality. His insistence on personal loyalty above all, even when he’s completely wrong, is the stuff of despotism. And now Trump wants to install son-in-law Jared Kushner as part of his administration (and possibly daughter Ivanka, unofficially at least).

Lawyers have etched out a plan for President-elect Donald Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to serve in the new administration, according to a report.

Mike Allen said in his inaugural Axios AM e-letter early Monday that Kushner will serve as senior adviser. Kushner is reportedly now searching for staff members.

Nepotism has no place in the White House staff (FLOTUS notwithstanding). The reason for this cannot be overstated. Personal (family) loyalty to a man cannot override loyalty to our country.

I actually have little problem with Kushner, personally. He’s smart, analytical, and a great friend of Israel.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/we-do-not-pledge-allegiance-to-a-man-or-his-giant-ego/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Victoria33

Re: We Do Not Pledge Allegiance To A Man Or His Giant Ego
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 09:23:24 pm »
@corbe

"And now Trump wants to install son-in-law Jared Kushner as part of his administration (and possibly daughter Ivanka, unofficially at least)."

Kushner's wife, Ivanka, Trump's daughter, will have an office in the east wing and work on legislation she wants.  This has been stated by her.

I said early on Trump would set up a family dynasty.  He is King number one, and likely Ivanka is preparing to be Queen number one after King number one.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: We Do Not Pledge Allegiance To A Man Or His Giant Ego
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:28:27 pm »
But if you claim to be a patriotic American and a Republican or a Conservative, it is expected of you to Pledge Allegiance to Trump.

He is your president, and he is due your unwavering loyalty.

Otherwise you must be a Communist and Hillary supporter.

That is what we are being told by the Trump militant out there.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775