Author Topic: Groundbreaking Study Shows Prescription Painkillers Prolong Chronic Pain  (Read 68 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Groundbreaking Study Shows Prescription Painkillers Prolong Chronic Pain
January 6, 2017 | Waking Times | www.wakingtimes.com | 2,809 views

by Anna Hunt

A research team out of University of Colorado-Boulder has found that prescription opioids may actually worsen chronic pain. The study also discovered that these drugs may in fact prolong the condition that they are supposed to help placate. This may explain why in the U.S., prescriptions of opioids, such as methadone, oxycodone (such as OxyContin®) and hydrocodone (such as Vicodin®), have quadrupled since 1999.

Pain after disease/damage of the nervous system is predominantly treated with opioids, but without exploration of the long-term consequences. We demonstrate that a short course of morphine after nerve injury doubles the duration of neuropathic pain. (Source)

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/groundbreaking-study-shows-prescription-painkillers-prolong-chronic-pain_012017
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:49:57 PM by rangerrebew »
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Offline the_doc

Re: Groundbreaking Study Shows Prescription Painkillers Prolong Chronic Pain
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 02:06:11 PM »

A research team out of University of Colorado-Boulder has found that prescription opioids may actually worsen chronic pain. The study also discovered that these drugs may in fact prolong the condition that they are supposed to help placate.

I believe most doctors have known this for a decade or more.  (Maybe the study just makes the matter inescapable for the occasional medical dunces who have kept ramping up narcotics dosages.)

Online dfwgator

Re: Groundbreaking Study Shows Prescription Painkillers Prolong Chronic Pain
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »
They needed a study for this?

Offline mountaineer

The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf