Author Topic: Donald Trump Inexplicably Has Time to Trash Talk Arnold Schwarzenegger (Arnold Tweets Response)  (Read 1202 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: MJ's BIG BLOG

URL: http://www.mjsbigblog.com/donald-trump-has-time-trash-talk-arnold-schwarzenegger.htm

Just as I suspected would happen, President-Elect Donald Trump took to twitter to brag about his Apprentice ratings.

“Wow, the ratings are in,” he tweeted, “and Arnold Schwarzenegger got “swamped” (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine DJT. So much for…being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary”

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got "swamped" (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT. So much for.... 7:34 AM - 6 Jan 2017

9,074 9,074 Retweets 36,138 36,138 likes Follow

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary 7:42 AM - 6 Jan 2017 8,606 8,606 Retweets 38,228 38,228 likes

The ratings for the The New Celebrity Apprentice premiere, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, which aired Sunday Jan 2, were markedly down from the Trump-helmed premiere in 2015.

The New Celebrity Apprentice premiered to a 1.3 in the 18-49 demo on NBC, well below The Voice’s fall average. The Voice dip was expected. However, the numbers were about one point below the premiere of the previous Trump-helmed Apprentice–about a 35% drop.

You’d think a guy who was 14 days away from becoming one of the most powerful people in the world would have better things to do than obsess over Nielsen ratings. You would be wrong.

Also, Trump has a producer’s credit on Apprentice. If they make money, he makes money. He should be supporting the show, rather than trashing it. Trump’s ego supersedes his business interests, which is scary to contemplate considering he’s about to become President of the United States.

Additionally, Trump hosted the Apprentice for 14 seasons, of which the last few were considerably lower rated than the first years. In the end, that show was in no way a “ratings machine.” Furthermore, comparing ratings from fourteen years ago to now is useless. Broadcast ratings have been on a continual slide since the 80s.

UPDATE: Schwarzenegger has responded: “There’s nothing more important than the people’s work…I wish you the best of luck and I hope you’ll work for ALL of the American people as aggressively as you worked for your ratings."

And then Arnold quoted his “hero” Abraham Lincoln and then ended by saying, “We are not enemies…we are all Americans."

ArnoldVerified account ‏@Schwarzenegger

Please study this quote from Lincoln's inaugural, @realDonaldTrump. It inspired me every day I was Governor, and I hope it inspires you.

Offline skeeter

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

What a tool.

TOS has this same thread. Not one word of criticism for Donald for this embarrassing Twitter exchange.

Thats how bad its gotten over there.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Trump is a megalomaniacal narcissist who lives for the victory lap.  As long as he can win by helping the country win, he'll do so.  But if the country must lose in order for him to win, the country will lose.
James 1:20

Offline Victoria33

Trump is a megalomaniacal narcissist who lives for the victory lap.  As long as he can win by helping the country win, he'll do so.  But if the country must lose in order for him to win, the country will lose.
@HoustonSam

Trump is a little man inside, continually propping himself up because he feels inferior to others. In my opinion, studying his childhood, I think he has had a reading learning disability since childhood and that is the basis for his feeling of inferiority.  He has said he has his people consolidate information to him on one page, then they tell him what it says.  His excuse for not reading, is, "I am too busy to read."

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@HoustonSam

Trump is a little man inside, continually propping himself up because he feels inferior to others. In my opinion, studying his childhood, I think he has had a reading learning disability since childhood and that is the basis for his feeling of inferiority.  He has said he has his people consolidate information to him on one page, then they tell him what it says.  His excuse for not reading, is, "I am too busy to read."

That is a great assessment.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

He will settle down on the 20th of Jan.   

:whistle:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He will settle down on the 20th of Jan.   

:whistle:

Is that a business expression?

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
@HoustonSam

I'll certainly defer to your assessment as I have no insight into those sorts of issues.  But I'll argue that he can clearly read, because his coherent speeches are obviously written by others and read by him, in contrast to the puerile, rambling, self-praising word salad he delivers himself.
James 1:20

Wingnut

Is that a business expression?

That's when hell get a script from the White House Doc.

Offline SirLinksALot

TOS has this same thread. Not one word of criticism for Donald for this embarrassing Twitter exchange.

Thats how bad its gotten over there.

Apparently for Trump fans ( also known as FReepers ), a Tweet only takes a few minutes of his time, so it's OK since he gets by on only a few hours of sleep. It's better than spending millions of tax payer dollars on golf and overseas vacation.