Author Topic: Obama: Republicans Should Have Told Me About Their Better Healthcare Ideas in 2009  (Read 1870 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Obama: Republicans Should Have Told Me About Their Better Healthcare Ideas in 2009
By Debra Heine January 7, 2017

President Barack Obama taunted Republican lawmakers Friday as they prepared to gut his "signature legislative achievement" ObamaCare.

During an online interview with left-wing White House echo-chamber "explainer" website Vox, Obama snidely said that he would publicly support repealing "Obamacare" if Republicans could come up with something better, but expressed doubt that the GOP would be able to manage it.

more
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/01/07/obama-republicans-should-have-told-me-about-their-better-healthcare-ideas-in-2009/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Blizzardnh

12 days and counting.

Offline musiclady

Idiot.

Liar.

Creep.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Republicans Should Have Told Me About Their Better Healthcare Ideas in 2009

It is simple... GOVERNMENT HAS NO BUSINESS IN HEALTHCARE... NONE
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

rangerrebew

How could anyone know what was a better idea if the democrats had to vote on it to even see what was in it?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I seem to remember words like "They can come but they will have to ride in the back of the bus!"  coming from him at the time!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

I seem to remember words like "They can come but they will have to ride in the back of the bus!"  coming from him at the time!

Obama sets a new standard for 'hubris' every day.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How could anyone know what was a better idea if the democrats had to vote on it to even see what was in it?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Republicans Have Offered Three Alternative Health Care Reform Bills
CNS, By Penny Starr,  August 21, 2009

President Barack Obama and Democrats in Congress -- while pushing their own health care overhauls -- have criticized Republicans as offering only opposition and no ideas for reform, but the GOP, despite the lack of media attention, has introduced three health care bills.

The three Republican bills total almost 400 pages and have been on the table since May and June.

In May, Republicans in the House and the Senate formed a bicameral coalition to produce the130-page “Patients Choice Act of 2009.”

In June, Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) introduced the “Health Care Freedom Plan,” a 41-page proposal.

And in July, the Republican Study Committee, under the leadership of Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.), unveiled the “Empowering Patients First Act,” a 130-page plan.

Some of the provisions included in one or more of the bills include: investing in preventive medicine, an overhaul of Medicaid, reduction of abuse and fraud in the Medicare program, supplemental health insurance for low-income families, tax credits for health insurance, and a ban on federal funds being used for abortions.

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)
However, supporters of the Democratic plans have accused Republicans of trying to derail attempts at reforming health care without having a plan of their own.

More:  republicans-have-offered-three-alternative-health-care-reform-bills 

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 04:01:36 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Since obamacare killed my employer based health care and made it unaffordable for us I could care less if they canned the whole crappy mess.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Having the Federal Government do NOTHING was eminently preferable to the train wreck that cost me my health insurance, my doctor (who said effit and retired), etc.

I believe that course of (in)action was mentioned repeatedly.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

I wounder if I could get that gavel to fit in one, or all of her holes?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Put a quarter in her ear.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

Put a quarter in her ear.

And pull the handle!

Round and round she goes where she stops nobody knows.  She is The Original Amateur Hour ..someone call Ted Mack

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Hands up, don't spit.

Offline musiclady

We were there that day and my husband got the satisfaction of yelling at her.

Fun day!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Hondo69

Narcissist
A person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish.

For the narcissist, his or her internal world is more real than the external world.

Offline Hondo69

Prior to ObamaCare, "fixes" to the healthcare system would have been relatively simple and straightforward.  These ideas, such as buying insurance across state lines, were proposed over and over again by Republicans for years, only to be immediately shelved by Democrats.  The reason these fixes would have been simple and straightforward was because a marketplace structure existed that was stable and reliable.

Democrats blew up that structure when a handful of elites designed ObamaCare behind closed doors with no outside ideas allowed, even from fellow Democrats.

Today, the leviathan that is ObamaCare has no easy fixes.  It has become it's own totalitarian state having such a vast bureaucracy that it cannot be dismantled with a single stroke.  There are tax implications, employer consequences, a research and development impact, labor laws, and on and on.  The list is almost never ending as it reaches every nook and cranny in American life today.

Republicans, faced with cleaning up the mess made by Obama and his gang of thieves, are contemplating a piecemeal approach to repairing the damage.  First tackle the employer mandate, next the tax implications, then on to the innumerable remaining aspects of the leviathan that will drag on for years.  This too is a recipe for disaster.

Democrats will fight, claw and scream bloody murder every single step of the way.  They will demand compromises and insist hundreds of pages of legislative gobbledygook be included in every proposal.  I have a better solution - tell Democrats they can go straight to hell.

------

Let ObamaCare die a natural death.  It won't take long, there are already priests hovering around preparing to administer last rights.

Setup a separate, market based alternative to ObamaCare and let the two compete head to head.  Much like vouchers for school choice, allow each family and each employer the freedom to chose their own preference.  Some may select ObamaCare and that is their choice.  Most however, will choose from the a la carte menus offered by insurers that will pop up out of the woodwork overnight.

This approach has several advantages.  For one, it is relatively easy and quick to implement legislatively and it avoids the years-long battle with Democrats in Congress.  They can go straight to hell.

Secondly, the Free To Choose bill will have a tremendous conceptual impact on the American public.  And as the saying goes, perception is reality.  People understand instinctively that more choices is a far better option than a single choice rammed down their throats.  Allow citizens to vote with their pocketbooks and the message will be clear.

Lastly, Democrats would be forced to oppose a Free To Choose bill.  They would have to stand there before a microphone and make their case that a totalitarian solution is superior to a free market solution.  It won't even pass the smell test and the repercussions will have a decades long ripple effect on everything from school choice to EPA regulations.

The Freedom To Choose is a very powerful American concept citizens understand at a gut level.