Author Topic: Mattis clashing with Trump transition team over Pentagon staffing  (Read 648 times)

rangerrebew

Mattis clashing with Trump transition team over Pentagon staffing
By Josh Rogin January 6
President-elect Trump calls Gen. Mattis 'the real deal'

This post was updated at 11:55 a.m. Jan. 6.

The honeymoon seems to be ending between retired Gen. James N. Mattis and Donald Trump’s transition team amid an increasingly acrimonious dispute over who will get top jobs in the Defense Department — and who gets to make those decisions.

With only two weeks left before Inauguration Day and days before Mattis’s Senate confirmation hearing, most major Pentagon civilian positions remain unfilled. Behind the scenes, Mattis has been rejecting large numbers of candidates offered by the transition team for several top posts, two sources close to the transition said. The dispute over personnel appointments is contributing to a tenser relationship between Mattis and the transition officials, which could set the stage for turf wars between the Pentagon and the White House in the coming Trump administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/josh-rogin/wp/2017/01/06/mattis-clashing-with-trump-transition-team-over-pentagon-staffing/?utm_term=.430c42e92c06
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:49:02 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Mattis clashing with Trump transition team over Pentagon staffing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 02:23:26 pm »
My bet is on Mad Dog. He will hold his ground and Trump will take his side over his transition team or he will end up finding another general.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 04:55:25 pm »
My bet is that this is being blown wildly out of proportion by the leftist media, just like the ridiculous claims immediately after the election that the transition was in chaos and way behind.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 04:55:45 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 05:30:28 pm »
My bet is that this is being blown wildly out of proportion by the leftist media, just like the ridiculous claims immediately after the election that the transition was in chaos and way behind.

I agree.  Hack media projecting their wishes.  Not news.  More Fake news

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 03:36:04 am »
But on the flip side it's not beyond reality to think that Trump and his transition team are trying to micromanage the process instead of relying on the knowledge and expertise of the SecDef.  Or in this case the SecDef nominee.

Wouldn't be the first time.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!