Author Topic: Dems may regret leak of top-secret report on Russia to NBC  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dems may regret leak of top-secret report on Russia to NBC
« on: January 07, 2017, 10:09:48 pm »
Dems may regret leak of top-secret report on Russia to NBC
American Thinker, Dec 7, 2017, Thomas Lifson

The Democrat-Media Complex has gone all in on the propaganda campaign to convince Americans that Donald Trump’s election is illegitimate because “Russia hacked the election.”  Even if a majority of voters reject the unconvincing case being made, Team Hillary and Team Obama both know that they must keep their own supporters engaged in outrage against the victorious party.  Because they believe they are the only legitimate custodians of power in America, any Republican who wins must have gained victory through illegitimate means.

But they may have made a fatal overstep with the release of the top-secret report on Russian influence to NBC News.

It is a crime to share top-secret information with people who do not have the requisite security clearance.  So, as a first step, Donald Trump has tweeted:
Donald J. Trump
✔  ‎@realDonaldTrump 

I am asking the chairs of the House and Senate committees to investigate top secret intelligence shared with NBC prior to me seeing it.

11:51 AM - 6 Jan 2017

In light of this, Josh Earnest’s evasive response yesterday to a question on the release – refusing to deny that the White House may have been the source – is enlightening:

REPORTER: “Just to button that up, you’re ruling out that the White House leaked that information to NBC, but you’re not ruling out that another — that an agency that’s part of the intelligence community or another federal agency might have done so?”

EARNEST: “I can’t speak to the inner workings of the intelligence community, particularly as it relates to the compiling of the specific report. The intelligence community was charged by the President of the United States with compiling a report. And as we’ve discussed at some length over the last couple of months here, the men and women of the United States intelligence community are patriots. And these are people who serve their country. They set aside their own personal political views to do the right thing for the country.

So the President has got enormous confidence in them, believes that he’s been extraordinarily well served by them over the last eight years in providing to him timely, accurate, specific information that was not shaded to advance a political or ideological agenda, but rather was oriented toward providing him the best possible information so he could make the best possible national security decisions. But for questions about how the intelligence community has handled specific pieces of information, you should go talk to them about that.”

I think the headline is: “Obama spokesman refuses to deny that top-secret report was leaked from White House.”

In less than two weeks, the FBI, intelligence agencies, and Congress will all be tasked with determining who deserves to go to prison for this leak.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/dems_may_regret_leak_of_topsecret_report_on_russia_to_nbc_.html#ixzz4V7GWKfdz

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Dems may regret leak of top-secret report on Russia to NBC
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 10:12:18 pm »
So let's see, the Obama White House leaks, Hillary gets hacked on her illegal home brew server - give them a pass. Julian Assange leaks - throw him into the lowest pit of hell.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 10:47:10 pm »
So let's see, the Obama White House leaks, Hillary gets hacked on her illegal home brew server - give them a pass. Julian Assange leaks - throw him into the lowest pit of hell.

Laws are for the little people.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 11:39:30 pm »
We just found out what the real motivation for fabricating this Soviet election BS.....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-06/stunning-last-minute-power-grab-obama-designates-election-systems-critical-infrastru

The Feds are taking control of the election for our own good.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 03:09:32 pm »
Everyday it becomes clearer that our FBI and perhaps CIA is headed by liberal political hacks that don't have America's best interest at heart. It has become a progressive mouthpiece.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 01:28:39 am »
We just found out what the real motivation for fabricating this Soviet election BS.....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-06/stunning-last-minute-power-grab-obama-designates-election-systems-critical-infrastru

The Feds are taking control of the election for our own good.

I think you're right:

Of course, one of the most vocal opponents of this move has been Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp who recently told Politico it is nothing more than an attempt to "subvert the Constitution to achieve the goal of federalizing elections under the guise of security."

During an earlier interview with the site Nextgov, Kemp warned: "The question remains whether the federal government will subvert the Constitution to achieve the goal of federalizing elections under the guise of security." Kemp told POLITICO he sees a “clear motivation from this White House” to expand federal control, citing Obama’s health care law, the Dodd-Frank financial-reform legislation and the increased role of the Education Department in local schools.

To some election officials, this sounds like the first stage of a more intrusive plan.

“I think it’s kind of the nose under the tent,” said Vermont Secretary of State Jim Condos, a Democrat. “What I think a lot of folks get concerned about [is] when the federal government says, ‘Well, look, we’re not really interested in doing that, but we just want to give you this,’ and then all of a sudden this leads to something else.”

Meanwhile, Kemp continued on by noting that "this administration only has 15 days left in its term" and to make such a critical decision during the 11th hour "smacks of partisan politics."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 02:10:45 am »
Everyday it becomes clearer that our FBI and perhaps CIA is headed by liberal political hacks that don't have America's best interest at heart. It has become a progressive mouthpiece.

But alas those FBI and CIA liberal hacks, have the full support of the democrats, the media, and the last gasper #nevertrumps.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 12:20:31 pm »
[It is a crime to share top-secret information with people who do not have the requisite security clearance.  So, as a first step, Donald Trump has tweeted:
In light of this, Josh Earnest’s evasive response yesterday to a question on the release – refusing to deny that the White House may have been the source – is enlightening:

I think the headline is: “Obama spokesman refuses to deny that top-secret report was leaked from White House.”

Bets on whether or not Obama issues preemptive pardons to everyone on the White House staff for anything they may have done during his administration.  Oh, and to himself also.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!