Author Topic: Health Risks of Laser Hair Removal  (Read 522 times)

rangerrebew

Health Risks of Laser Hair Removal
« on: January 06, 2017, 03:56:59 pm »
Health Risks of Laser Hair Removal

inShare3

Written by Yolanda Smith, BPharm

Some people who undergo laser hair removal may notice some adverse effects as a result of the procedure. These are usually localized to the area of treatment, such as redness and inflammation of the skin. Other health risks, such as serious eye injury, lead to contraindication of laser hair removal in certain areas of the body.

Leg laser hair removal treatment

This article will address the primary health risks associated with laser hair removal. Some individuals, such as those with darker skin, are more likely to experience complications because certain types of lasers are required for the procedure to be effective. A temporary alteration in the appearance of the skin can be expected for all patients. Finally, it is important to consider both the benefits and risks of the procedure for each individual in order to make the best treatment decision.

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Health-Risks-of-Laser-Hair-Removal.aspx
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 03:57:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mirraflake

Re: Health Risks of Laser Hair Removal
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:04:33 pm »
I started sprouting back hair in my mid 40's.  My wife at one point admitted it turned her off and she did not like grabbing hair there(though she loves my chest hair)

I went to a dermatologist and had it removed.  5 or 6 treatments.   Had to go in every 8-10  months for a touch up for several years afterwards to remove hair that was missed or new hair. Have not had anything done in the last 4-5 years and hair free.

No redness or scarring.

Best thing I ever did.