Author Topic: The Right Has Learned To Love Trolling  (Read 795 times)

Silver Pines

The Right Has Learned To Love Trolling
« on: January 06, 2017, 12:20:43 am »
The Right Has Learned To Love Trolling

By Ben Shapiro
January 4, 2017

On New Year’s Eve, our president-elect unleashed a tweet in honor of the coming year: “Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don’t know what to do. Love!” His most ardent followers thrill to this display of full-on juvenile testosterone. They thrill at what they approvingly call “trolling” by the “madman.” They tweet pictures of Pepe the Frog jubilantly, figuratively slapping each other on the back over the audacity of their Big Man on Campus.

This is the “new conservatism”: Elicit a reaction.

There’s no follow-up. There’s no design. And truth is unimportant. The new “conservatism” promoted by Trump and his most ardent imitators is a teenage slapfight with no general purpose other than to deliberately offend, thereby making yourself appear more powerful. Remember when Trump said that Ted Cruz’s father was involved in JFK’s murder? That was trolling. And when Cruz responded, Trump’s followers laughed, called Trump a “madman,” and suggested that Cruz was a weakling for letting such things get under his skin.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443503/trump-and-right-love-trolling-and-tweeting-what-happened-truth

Silver Pines

Re: The Right Has Learned To Love Trolling
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 12:21:38 am »
"His most ardent followers thrill to this display of full-on juvenile testosterone. They thrill at what they approvingly call “trolling” by the “madman.” They tweet pictures of Pepe the Frog jubilantly, figuratively slapping each other on the back over the audacity of their Big Man on Campus."

Perfectly stated, IMO.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:24:30 am »
 :amen:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 12:26:08 am »
The public will turn against this. No one wants a troll as a president.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 12:26:14 am »
The candidate of cultural degeneracy has become the king of cultural degeneracy.

Silver Pines

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 12:39:35 am »

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 12:41:17 am »
The candidate of cultural degeneracy has become the king of cultural degeneracy.

@Cripplecreek

Sometimes I wonder just how difficult it's going to be to elect a statesman president again. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 12:47:17 am »
I can't decide who is more worthless. People who tweet or people who get their panties in a bunch over the tweets. They all seem to be twits.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 12:49:22 am »
The public will turn against this. No one wants a troll as a president.

Being politically incorrect should also be about telling unpopular truths, not obnoxiously calling Carly Fiorina ugly.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 12:55:43 am »
Being politically incorrect should also be about telling unpopular truths, not obnoxiously calling Carly Fiorina ugly.

And those unpopular truths have nothing to do with the size of Trump's...whatever, so I sincerely hope we never hear him talk about it again.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 01:36:44 am »
   Trump definitely taught me how to troll, when I graduate, I'm told, I get to grab all the crotch I want.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 01:47:12 am »
And those unpopular truths have nothing to do with the size of Trump's...whatever, so I sincerely hope we never hear him talk about it again.

My head always has been, and always will be, bigger than trump's.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 01:51:08 am »
   Trump definitely taught me how to troll, when I graduate, I'm told, I get to grab all the crotch I want.

I'm sure glad I am out of the dating pool. With all the speciation going on, "gut check" seems like a necessity.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 02:03:18 am »
My head always has been, and always will be, bigger than trump's.

@bigheadfred

:laugh: