Author Topic: Megyn Kelly made a really, really bad choice  (Read 1114 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Megyn Kelly made a really, really bad choice
« on: January 04, 2017, 04:40:49 pm »
January 4, 2017
Megyn Kelly made a really, really bad choice
By Jay Valentine

News this week is that Megyn Kelly is off to NBC.  Waiting to hear about the bidding war that clearly did not happen.  Now starts Megyn’s decline into obscurity, remembered as someone who was a hot commodity for a very short while.

Until it all became about Megyn.

What Megyn, Greta, and other passing Fox celebs do not grasp is the importance of the Fox time slot.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/01/megyn_kelly_made_a_really_really_bad_choice.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Megyn Kelly made a really, really bad choice
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:21:30 pm »
What does it matter? The typical Fox viewer turned on her the moment she dared grill Donald Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:27:14 pm »
Actually I think it's about her kids, not about her...at least from what I've read.  She wanted a schedule that would allow her to be home at certain times with her family.  According to Beck, she's taking a substantial pay cut to make this move.

I don't blame her.  When she's on her death bed, she won't look back and say, "If only I had kept my Fox time slot and my celebrity status."

geronl

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 07:29:41 pm »

I don't blame her.  When she's on her death bed, she won't look back and say, "If only I had kept my Fox time slot and my celebrity status."

:thumbsup:

Silver Pines

Offline thackney

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 10:27:38 pm »
According to Beck, she's taking a substantial pay cut to make this move.

Do you have a link for that?  I found the following:

It is not immediately known what Kelly’s salary will be at NBC, but it is expected to be a significant raise, despite Kelly already being one of the highest paid television news personalities.
Megyn Kelly is leaving Fox News for a major role with a broadcast network
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/01/03/megyn-kelly-is-leaving-fox-news-for-a-major-role-with-a-broadcast-network/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 10:34:24 pm »
@thackney, I don't have a link.  I heard Beck say it on his show this morning...which is odd, considering The Blaze is his site.

Will read your link when I get home. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 10:38:26 pm »
Megyn Kelly Seeks Salary North of $20 Million in Contract Talks With Fox News
http://www.wsj.com/articles/megyn-kelly-seeks-salary-north-of-20-million-in-contract-talks-with-fox-news-1477527922
Oct. 27, 2016
...For the final year of her current deal, Ms. Kelly is set to receive about $15 million, people familiar with the matter said. The people said she is seeking an average annual salary north of $20 million for her next contract—which would put her on par with Fox host Bill O’Reilly.

Mr. Murdoch said money isn't an issue in the talks....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Megyn Kelly Net Worth: How Much Is Her New Salary As She Transfers To NBC News?
http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/54938/20170103/megyn-kelly-net-worth-much-new-salary-transfers-nbc-news.htm
Estimates suggest that Megyn Kelly might be receiving around $18 million to $18.5 million pay from NBC. That is still lower than Matt Lauer's $25 million ("Today") and Bill O'Reilly's $18.5 million "The O'Reilly Factor"). The current highest-paid female news anchor is Robin Roberts ("Good Morning America"), who earns $18 million a year.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:40:28 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 11:23:46 pm »
Megyn Kelly Seeks Salary North of $20 Million in Contract Talks With Fox News
http://www.wsj.com/articles/megyn-kelly-seeks-salary-north-of-20-million-in-contract-talks-with-fox-news-1477527922
Oct. 27, 2016
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Megyn Kelly Net Worth: How Much Is Her New Salary As She Transfers To NBC News?
http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/54938/20170103/megyn-kelly-net-worth-much-new-salary-transfers-nbc-news.htm

@thackney

Good for her.  If she can secure a job with a better schedule and more money, more power to her.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 11:34:23 pm »

@thackney

Good for her.  If she can secure a job with a better schedule and more money, more power to her.

Yep.  Clocks a ticking and she ain't getting any younger.  The shelf life on Female talking heads is short.  Specially for the bubble headed bleached blonde's who come on at five to give us dirty laundry.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 11:38:33 pm »
Yep.  Clocks a ticking and she ain't getting any younger.  The shelf life on Female talking heads is short.  Specially for the bubble headed bleached blonde's who come on at five to give us dirty laundry.

What are you talking about. Baba Wawa is as hot a commodity as she was when she started reporting 72 years ago.....and looks just as good.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 11:51:06 pm »
Ailes built FNC and tore it down.  It was good while it lasted.  When Ailes fired Beck for warning America that the Islamic caliphate was on the move it was clear that Ailes was no patriot.

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 11:53:17 pm »

@Wingnut

Looks-wise, I've never thought Megyn was the best looking chick at Fox, and my husband agrees.  I think Julie Banderas was better looking. (So does he, lol).

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 12:02:32 am »
What are you talking about. Baba Wawa is as hot a commodity as she was when she started reporting 72 years ago.....and looks just as good.

Is that the dude from Goonies?
@Frank Cannon

Offline Forum member

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2017, 12:28:17 am »
Actually I think it's about her kids, not about her...at least from what I've read.  She wanted a schedule that would allow her to be home at certain times with her family.  According to Beck, she's taking a substantial pay cut to make this move.

Now she can do a daily daytime show plus a weekend show plus report at events, from what I heard today. Sounds like plenty of family time for that one day she doesn't work.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 01:04:46 am »
Now she can do a daily daytime show plus a weekend show plus report at events, from what I heard today. Sounds like plenty of family time for that one day she doesn't work.
If it's a daytime show, it means it'll be while her kids are at school, as opposed to all of the after-school time being sucked up by show prep for a show that ends after the kids go to sleep.

Keep in mind that's the same setup Kelly had at Fox before they cut Shep's primetime show.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 01:05:28 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 02:10:14 am »
I read today on MSN she is believed to be making $18-20 million per year.  Not bad. 

Who is the highest paid TV personality?  Judge Judy at $47 million per year.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:23 am »
Ailes built FNC and tore it down.  It was good while it lasted.  When Ailes fired Beck for warning America that the Islamic caliphate was on the move it was clear that Ailes was no patriot.

But Beck wasn't fired. He wanted to go off and start his own cable channel.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2017, 05:36:05 am »
I have a little different take on this.  She could have taken the time needed to be with her kids awhile ago.  She is worth $15 million dollars; obviously she could take a leave of absence to be with her kids and still live quite comfortably and better than most of us. Quite frankly, I don't think she's all that and I find some of her hand gestures annoying.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.