Author Topic: Man unearths pieces of ancient steam engine in north Alabama  (Read 732 times)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Man unearths pieces of ancient steam engine in north Alabama
« on: January 04, 2017, 12:20:24 am »
Man unearths pieces of ancient steam engine in north Alabama

ATHENS, ALA.
BY ADAM SMITH
News Courier

It's not every day someone unearths pieces of Limestone County's history, but Tommy Mitchell recently did just that with the help of a metal detector.

Mitchell, a Limestone native and owner of Athens Land Surveying Co., recently acquired some property near the site of the old Tillman Mill behind Owens Elementary School. He was looking for water wheel parts with his metal detector when he came across something unique β€” an old steam engine....

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/celebrities/article124228409.html#storylink=cpy
β€œThe way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Man unearths pieces of ancient steam engine in north Alabama
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 04:07:49 pm »
I do like this story, I saw a story in the daily mail the other day where they found some old classic cars out in the wild, BMWs, etc. but all rusted out. It reminded me of this story.