Author Topic: Cal State prof: Trump shouldn’t be allowed on Twitter due to his climate change views  (Read 604 times)

rangerrebew

Cal State prof: Trump shouldn’t be allowed on Twitter due to his climate change views
Dave Huber - Assistant Editor •December 31, 2016
 8  18 Share3  0
huh-question-confused-puzzled.pathdoc.shutterstock   

In a recent piece in The Huffington Post, California State University, Sacramento’s Joseph Palermo argues that because Donald Trump “rejects the science of climate change,” he shouldn’t be permitted to make use of science in other realms.

“I’ve always believed that people who dismiss science in one area shouldn’t be able to benefit from science in others,” he writes.

“If Trump and his cohort believe the science of global warming is bogus then they shouldn’t be allowed to use the science of the Internet for their Twitter accounts, the science of global positioning for their drones, or the science of nuclear power for their weaponry.”

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/30549/
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 06:47:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline thackney

Let's apply his logic to the complaint of, and the use of, fossil fuels.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Just another fascist liberal wishing they could put anyone who disagrees with them in a box.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline musiclady

Well, I agree that Trump shouldn't be allowed to use Twitter, but it should be his Mommy taking away that privilege, and I don't think she's around any more, is she?

As for the Cal State Prof........... typical leftist arrogant thought control.

(Too bad he's also too ignorant to know that Trump agrees with him on 'Climate Change').
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

rangerrebew

I find it interesting scientists can challenge the Theory of Relativity where it is a mathematical process but say you can't challenge global warming which has
many more variables than E=MC    .   It reminds me of the old heresy trials.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:32:13 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

Just another fascist liberal wishing they could put anyone who disagrees with them in a box.

And in this case, even those who DO agree with them......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.