Author Topic: Megyn Kelly Is Said To Be Leaving Fox News for NBC  (Read 6566 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Megyn Kelly Is Said To Be Leaving Fox News for NBC
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2017, 03:56:18 pm »
Cruz often takes 250 words, to say what only takes 25 words to say.

Lawyers bill by the hour. Why not drag the darn stuff out?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2017, 04:56:17 pm »
Tom doesn't care if something is true or  not.  He makes Rachel Maddow seem balanced.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #77 on: January 05, 2017, 05:05:17 pm »
@TomSea @Sanguine

It is the Truth, be flip flopped on immigration just like he flip flopped on TPP. Why do you think he's called "Lying Ted". Even Rand Paul called him a liar on immigration.

Cruz embarrassed the democrats by offering them everything for illegals except citizenship, and they predictably dropped the subject since Cruz had taken new democrat votes off the table.  In doing so of course Cruz supported his own amendment.  But Trump is not capable of understanding that kind of subtlety; he and his sycophants call Cruz "Lyin' Ted" because Trump can't debate any subject on a rational, factual basis, and is forced to resort to taunting and name-calling.

Much of Trump's "rationale" against Cruz was that he was "owned" by Goldman Sachs, yet Trump has now appointed three GS alumni - Bannon, Mnuchin, and Cohn.  In retrospect "Lyin' Don" would be more accurate.
James 1:20

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #78 on: January 05, 2017, 05:17:14 pm »
Cruz embarrassed the democrats by offering them everything for illegals except citizenship, and they predictably dropped the subject since Cruz had taken new democrat votes off the table.  In doing so of course Cruz supported his own amendment.  But Trump is not capable of understanding that kind of subtlety; he and his sycophants call Cruz "Lyin' Ted" because Trump can't debate any subject on a rational, factual basis, and is forced to resort to taunting and name-calling.

Much of Trump's "rationale" against Cruz was that he was "owned" by Goldman Sachs, yet Trump has now appointed three GS alumni - Bannon, Mnuchin, and Cohn.  In retrospect "Lyin' Don" would be more accurate.

You are correct @HoustonSam@TomSea and @jpsb have their narrative and seldom deviate from it.  Do they actually believe it?  Hard to imagine that they do, but who knows?

Offline jpsb

« Reply #79 on: January 05, 2017, 06:00:42 pm »

Well at least you are honest enough to admit the obvious that Cruz was in favor of legalization for the tens of millions of illegals here in the USA. I appreciate that.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 06:16:06 pm »
You are correct @HoustonSam@TomSea and @jpsb have their narrative and seldom deviate from it.  Do they actually believe it?  Hard to imagine that they do, but who knows?

Hey you don't believe me? Listen to Ted in his own words talk about making the illegals legal and "bringing them out of the shadows". And he is telling the honest truth when he says rejecting this amendment will make it more likely that this entire bill will fail. and again when he says "I don't want immigration reform to fail"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CwVrfydjOI

Cruz was right had his amendment passed it was much more likely the GOP House would have passed "immigration reform" that my friend is not a poison bill that is the exact opposite of a poison bill. And the courts would have thrown out the "no pathway to citizenship" part in a NY second.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2017, 06:19:56 pm »
Hey you don't believe me? Listen to Ted in his own words talk about making the illegals legal and "bringing them out of the shadows". And he is telling the honest truth when he says rejecting this amendment will make it more likely that this entire bill will fail. and again when he says "I don't want immigration reform to fail"

Cruz was right had his amendment passed it was much more likely the GOP House would have passed "immigration reform" that my friend is not a poison bill that is the exact opposite of a poison bill. And the courts would have thrown out the "no pathway to citizenship" part in a NY second.

The question was not whether or not I believe you, but do you believe you?

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2017, 06:33:53 pm »

Spin it however you want, the fact remains that Cruz forced the democrats to drop the issue themselves.  It never came to a vote precisely because of his proposed amendment.  He used the tools and powers of his office to get the result that he, and we, wanted.  Funny how when Trump wins for himself he's a genius, when Cruz wins for us he's a liar.

Meanwhile "Lyin' Don" still has those Goldman Sachs types lined up for his cabinet.  Why doesn't he offer a position to Heidi Cruz?

Silver Pines

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2017, 12:47:12 am »
@mirraflake

That Lauren Southern gal is one brave woman. Cute too.

@jpsb

Yep, she is.  The next generation of up-and-coming conservatives has some real stars.

Silver Pines

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2017, 12:49:05 am »
Cruz often takes 250 words, to say what only takes 25 words to say.

Lawyers bill by the hour. Why not drag the darn stuff out?

@truth_seeker

I think it would be more refreshing and succinct if Cruz would just make some crack about the size of his genitals, don't you?

Online corbe

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2017, 03:02:44 am »

Even a fellow traveler (NY Liberal) Megyn Kelly understands what a 'poison pill' is and admitted to Cruz that that was in fact what he did-DESTROYED THE GANG of 8 Immigration Reform.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2017, 01:12:19 pm »
   Even a fellow traveler (NY Liberal) Megyn Kelly understands what a 'poison pill' is and admitted to Cruz that that was in fact what he did-DESTROYED THE GANG of 8 Immigration Reform.

Bull the gang of 8 PASSED in the Senate Cruz did nothing to stop it. Gang of 8 died when Cantor lost his House seat solely to the issue of amnesty. Go pedal you revisionist history to some fellow globalist. I know the truth.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2017, 01:18:46 pm »
Spin it however you want, the fact remains that Cruz forced the democrats to drop the issue themselves.  It never came to a vote precisely because of his proposed amendment.  He used the tools and powers of his office to get the result that he, and we, wanted.  Funny how when Trump wins for himself he's a genius, when Cruz wins for us he's a liar.

Meanwhile "Lyin' Don" still has those Goldman Sachs types lined up for his cabinet.  Why doesn't he offer a position to Heidi Cruz?

Once again pure Bull, I have presented Cruzs' own words out of his own lips and you guys still don't get it. There is a reason he's called lying Ted. And Cruz stopped nothing "immigration reform" (amnesty) passed in the Senate.

And yall think Trumpers are cultists.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2017, 02:08:09 pm »
Once again pure Bull, I have presented Cruzs' own words out of his own lips and you guys still don't get it. There is a reason he's called lying Ted. And Cruz stopped nothing "immigration reform" (amnesty) passed in the Senate.

And yall think Trumpers are cultists.

You are correct and I am incorrect that the bill passed the Senate without Cruz's amendment, but was not taken up in the House.  Point taken.

However I retract nothing on the effect of Cruz's approach - he revealed that the democrats care nothing for illegals beyond securing their votes.

Many (including myself) think Trumpers are cultists because "own words out of his own lips and you guys still don't get it" regularly indicts Trump with no acknowledgement from his supporters.  Goldman Sachs was bad during the primaries, but now three Trump appointees are GS alumni.  He opposed the USSC homosexual marriage decision last January, but after the election was OK with it because it was "settled" in law.  He wants to prosecute Hillary in October, then in November he doesn't want to hurt her.  He wants to deport all illegals last February, then after the election he only wants those with criminal records.  And there are many more self-serving public contradictions in mere opinion without immediate policy implications.  Does any of that matter to you?

I'll acknowledge here that a good case can be made for Cruz flip-flopping on legalization; I don't think he did, but it's not an unreasonable conclusion to draw.  Can you acknowledge that there is a reasonable case Trump has flip-flopped on the items I've listed or on any other items, and that those flip-flops are actually failures rather than some kind of 9 dimensional stealth Jedi chess?