Author Topic: 'Time to act' Italy calls for mass migrant deportations as half a million refugees arrive  (Read 867 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
'Time to act' Italy calls for mass migrant deportations as half a million refugees arrive

TERROR attacks across Europe have sparked a new push to see illegal immigrants sent home from Italy as the police are told to toughen up on refugees in 2017.

By Zoie O'Brien  PUBLISHED:  11:44, Mon, Jan 2, 2017    | UPDATED: 15:50, Mon, Jan 2, 2017

Paolo Gentiloni will take a much harder stance on the problem than his party colleague Matteo Renzi, under whose leadership hundreds of thousands of migrants entered the EU through Italy.

A two-page directive has reportedly been sent out to police stations across Italy ordering officers to increase efforts to deport economic migrants.

The document was drafted by chief of police Franco Gabrielli and part-published in Italian newspaper Courier della Sera.

Indicating fear of terror in Europe, the notice says the change is important to battle “a growing migratory pressure and an international context marked by instability and threats”.

Italy will open 16 detention centres for migrants under new rules where those detained will stay until deportation can be arranged.

Europhile Matteo Renzi said he could manage integration in Italy and refused investment in detention centres.

snip

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/749273/Italy-EU-Matteo-Renzi-Police-migrants-Libya-deport-terror
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

geronl

The MSM still doesn't seem to understand or thinks their readers are dumb enough to know that "immigrant", "migrant", "asylum-seeker" and "refugee" are NOT THE SAME THING!!

These terms are not interchangeable!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Voters in some of the world’s largest economies have taken stands this year against further muslim terrorist/refugee immigration.

#1 US
 #5 UK
 #8 Italy

France #6 could do so soon. Germany #4 should do so.

Legitimate refugees can be housed temporarily in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey, Iran etc.

Another example of voter pushback in Europe, following Brexit.  Watch for more and more sanity.

Self-defense is a strong motivator. Being called a racist (or Nazi, or Russian troll), for seeking to avoid being raped or worse, has about run its course.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 09:03:38 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'm not sure, I think France will, no matter whom they choose. I don't know their election system but I think both are conservative, center right vs. further right, Le Pen.

Here, illegal immigrants allegedly torched a holding center in Turkey; and the video indeed, shows them all pouring through the gates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_SHctcAymc
Source: http://www.turkishminute.com/2016/11/19/illegal-immigrants-flee-setting-fire-istanbul-deportation-center/

Really, I don't know why this all seems to be something to watch closely, it's like World War III or maybe a clash of cultures, the age old rivalry.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:06:21 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

Dump 'em all at Pope Francis' residence.