Author Topic: Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?  (Read 7223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?
« on: January 02, 2017, 02:51:17 pm »
Justin Raimondo

The country is in the throes of a major epidemic, with no known cure and some pretty scary symptoms. It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, and it’s rapidly spreading from the point of origin – the political class – to the population at large.

In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The president-elect’s every tweet provokes a firestorm, as if 140 characters were all it took to change the world.

more
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-raimondo-trump-derangement-syndrome-20161226-story.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

geronl

Re: Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:55:00 pm »
Trump supporters are the deranged ones

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 03:09:30 pm »
"Do you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome?"

We all do to the extent that we must suffer the TDSers.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 07:06:49 pm »
Ah, yes. The old "Derangement Syndrome." Usually diagnosed by partisans who simply can't
fathom their heroes/preferred officeholders have critics at all, never mind reasonable ones;
a diagnosis usually intended to stifle discourse. See: Obama Derangement Syndrome, Bush
Derangement Syndrome, Clinton Derangement Syndrome.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 07:21:41 pm »
A picture is worth a thousand words; see any fellow #nevertrump-briefers here?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 07:48:04 pm »
TDS is an example of how the Democrat machine (including the MSM) is able to completely bamboozle their base with propaganda. These people really think that Trump is some sort of Hitler-esque figure. Those who are familiar with my post history know that I am not a big fan of Trump, but he's not an evil man.

He's a coarse, vulgarian, constitutional pygmy, but no, he isn't evil. (Yet.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2017, 08:01:28 pm »

We all know you are one great stampede of giant lips directed at Trumps derriere...please  stop trying to prove it with every post.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2017, 08:14:40 pm »
TDS is an example of how the Democrat machine (including the MSM) is able to completely bamboozle their base with propaganda. These people really think that Trump is some sort of Hitler-esque figure. Those who are familiar with my post history know that I am not a big fan of Trump, but he's not an evil man.

There are a fair number here that are "bamboozled," as well. They seem to answer every liberal media uttering, and see "Trump militants," and "Russian trolls," everywhere.

I went to a Trump rally in Costa Mesa CA. Prior to this event, the media had depicted Trump supporters as being solely old white guys.

In fact what I saw at the rally  proved to me the media was lying. Too bad there isn't sharper scrutiny by Trump's detractors, so they don't fall for every tidbit of crap.

The only violent people at that rally were young, Marxist inspired student age people. La Raza types. throwing bricks on cars passing on a freeway, that weren't even connected to the rally.

But hey, don't let me bother TDS sufferers with facts.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2017, 08:34:56 pm »

The country is in the throes of a major epidemic, with no known cure and some pretty scary symptoms. It's called Trump Derangement Syndrome, or TDS, and it’s rapidly spreading from the point of origin – the political class – to the population at large.

In the first stage of the disease, victims lose all sense of proportion. The president-elect’s every tweet provokes a firestorm, as if 140 characters were all it took to change the world.

The hypocrisy is so rich in just this quote.

As if the Trump Militants did not do the same when Obama's every word, EO and action provoked much deserved derision.

Lame attempt to silence any criticism of THEIR messiah - same as the Obama drones attempted to pin that on anyone who criticized their much vaunted Frank Marshall Davis Offspring savior.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2017, 08:36:43 pm »
Ah, yes. The old "Derangement Syndrome." Usually diagnosed by partisans who simply can't
fathom their heroes/preferred officeholders have critics at all, never mind reasonable ones;
a diagnosis usually intended to stifle discourse.

Trump Snowflake Syndrome - The slightest criticism\disgreement\perceived sleight of the Orange One MUST be pounced upon, calls for boycotts, rants, name-calling, doxxing and destroying the critic by all means necessary and ridiculous must be employed.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 08:40:33 pm »
Trump Snowflake Syndrome - The slightest criticism\disgreement\perceived sleight of the Orange One MUST be pounced upon, calls for boycotts, rants, name-calling, doxxing and destroying the critic by all means necessary and ridiculous must be employed.

The other side of the social justice warrior coin.

Black lives matter - Now in Caucasian!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 08:43:51 pm »
The other side of the social justice warrior coin.

Black lives matter - Now in Caucasian!

Get it right: Trump's Life Matters!

Because he is going to do all these amazing, incredible and miraculous things for those in America who support him, and punish the rest of those who don't!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 08:56:39 pm »
The hypocrisy is so rich in just this quote.

As if the Trump Militants did not do the same when Obama's every word, EO and action provoked much deserved derision.

Lame attempt to silence any criticism of THEIR messiah - same as the Obama drones attempted to pin that on anyone who criticized their much vaunted Frank Marshall Davis Offspring savior.

We've been through Obama Derangement Syndrome . . . Bush Derangement Syndrome . . . Clinton Derangement Syndrome . . .
now we're going to be through Trump Derangement Syndrome . . . all of which remind us that something once said of liberals isn't
true of them alone: they do a lot of talking about hearing other points of view but it shocks them to realise there are other
points of view.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 08:59:05 pm by EasyAce »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2017, 09:34:12 pm »

What a hideous implication, @truth_seeker .

Even for you as ugly as your posts have become, this is a disgusting personal smear against people whose only offense is that they disagree with you.

You have clearly given up your quest for truth.

What a shame.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 09:37:32 pm »

I'm not sure of that.  I believe his bragging about sexual assault is nothing short of evil.

If believing in the dignity of women makes others call me "deranged" so be it.

But Donald Trump hasn't earned ANY respect from me in any area of his life.  And if maintaining the same values I've always held makes others mock me, that's the way it's going to be.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 09:57:22 pm »
I'm not sure of that.  I believe his bragging about sexual assault is nothing short of evil.

I sometimes suspect he was as much into the shock value as anything else---I mean, he changed his tune
how often during the campaign and since the election? If he really did commit such acts and
brag about them, I'm not sure "evil" would quite cover what it was and he is.

That kind of derangement I think we can live with. :)

But Donald Trump hasn't earned ANY respect from me in any area of his life.  And if maintaining the same values I've always held makes others mock me, that's the way it's going to be.

Donaldus Minimus wasn't exactly one of my normal subjects for thought until last year's disgrace of a campaign.
I can't remember when the two major parties produced presidential candidates that lacking in qualification,
scruple, or essential human decency. I say again, it was as though we were asked to choose between Caligula
and Queen Athaliah---and accept that otherwise decent men and women were actually proud of it.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 09:57:37 pm »

Yup. No point in wasting the respect on a man who is the same lowlife he's been for the past 40 years. It is kind of fun watching the people giving him a chance to act presidential keep moving the goalposts away.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 12:09:29 am »
Its interesting how Trump has redefined the term. At one time it referred to a politicians opponents. Now it refers to his supporters... :shrug:

I stumbled across this gem today... "Trump looks to join the great ones, Lincoln, Washington, Reagan and JFK"

I rest my case.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2017, 12:23:37 am »
Its interesting how Trump has redefined the term. At one time it referred to a politicians opponents. Now it refers to his supporters... :shrug:

I stumbled across this gem today... "Trump looks to join the great ones, Lincoln, Washington, Reagan and JFK"

I rest my case.

A few weeks back, Newt proudly declared Trump to be a mix of Teddy Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and PT Barnum. The founder of the progressive party, a progressive democrat and a carnival barker.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 02:31:50 am »

And you are doing what with this post, proving that derangement runs on both sides?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 03:17:23 am »
X Derangement system (where x= bush/obama/trump) was moderately clever when I first heard it like 15 years ago. I think Krauthammer came up with the term.

It's staggeringly unoriginal now.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2017, 06:15:08 am »
X Derangement system (where x= bush/obama/trump) was moderately clever when I first heard it like 15 years ago. I think Krauthammer came up with the term.

It's staggeringly unoriginal now.

Just wait for the bumper stickers: I don't suffer Trump Derangement Syndrome, I enjoy every minute of it. ;)

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2017, 02:52:25 pm »
"He's a coarse, vulgarian, constitutional pygmy"

I like that......so much that I'm going to steal it.
 One huge problem with Trump is that like many wealthy people who started on third base he thinks he's a genius. He's not the first wealthy person to think that, but the problem is he suckered many normally conservative people into thinking he is a genius.
That has been my biggest surprise this election....a very large pct. of  Republicans can fall for a conman who is more liberal than conservative.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2017, 03:08:54 pm »
That has been my biggest surprise this election....a very large pct. of  Republicans can fall for a conman who is more liberal than conservative.

That doesn't matter anymore.  Not with the vast majority of the population in this country.

Principles no longer matter unless you are in the Grievance Industry and demand payback and retribution.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2017, 04:11:09 pm »
That doesn't matter anymore.  Not with the vast majority of the population in this country.

Principles no longer matter unless you are in the Grievance Industry and demand payback and retribution.

You are right about that.

The left has been working diligently for the past 60 years (more, actually, but very specifically more recently) to erode every value Americans had.

They succeeded almost immediately in suckering elitest liberals, then mainstream liberals and Democrats, and then clearly began succeeding in their efforts with Republicans and even some conservatives.

There is only a remnant left who care about what matters; who think that character, ethics and the Constitution are required for the success of this nation.

The last three elections have proven that the left has triumphed over the majority of Americans in weakening our resolve to do what is right.  The "If it feels good, do it" philosophy of the left now runs the country, and Americans have been reduced to caring only about the things that are good for them, not good overall.