Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209232 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #1650 on: November 20, 2017, 06:11:33 am »
Ladies and gentlemen,

I want to announce that Charles Manson has died.

Breaking story .

https://news.sky.com/story/former-cult-leader-charles-manson-dies-aged-83-11135217

May the families of Sharon Tate, Abigail Folger, The La Bianca's , Jay Sebring, Steve Parent, and Wojiech Frykowski finally know peace
I have never wished a man dead, but I have read a great many obituaries with a great deal of pleasure.---Clarence Darrow.

May Manson's victims' families know peace at last, may his victims rest in peace.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1651 on: November 20, 2017, 06:12:08 am »
Just  saw that.

I made another thread, mods can merge if they want.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1652 on: November 20, 2017, 06:20:10 am »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #1653 on: November 20, 2017, 06:27:24 am »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #1654 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:01 pm »
Hope his long serious illness was a painful one. Like kidney stones the size of golf balls being passed each day.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1655 on: November 20, 2017, 12:44:28 pm »
I have never wished a man dead, but I have read a great many obituaries with a great deal of pleasure.---Clarence Darrow.

May Manson's victims' families know peace at last, may his victims rest in peace.

I'll repeat that.  Wasn't sure what to say.  May God have some mercy on his soul.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1656 on: November 20, 2017, 12:45:55 pm »
What is pathetic is that most young people probably never heard of Charles Manson and if they did, they would not be as shocked and appalled by him as we older folks still are after all these years.  Daily murders in Chicago, the almost endless mass shootings and terrorists blowing up public facilities -- al have desensitized the young.  Violent Hollywood movies and TV contribute to that apathy.  Gruesome violence has almost become normal to the younger generation.    They might even think the Tate-LaBianca murders are tame by comparison to the violence of today.

I could wish Manson rest in peace and pray for his soul, but I just can't.  He's in God's hands now and I'll let Him judge Manson as He sees fit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1657 on: November 20, 2017, 12:52:48 pm »
I was thinking it might be a good thing if Manson's brain could be analyzed now that he's dead.  Maybe we could get some insight into what was behind his murderous rampage and his looney tunes behavior. 

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1658 on: November 20, 2017, 12:57:29 pm »
Manson died years ago. His body was just a husk, a frame, with no life inside.
The guy had no idea who or what he was, or even what death is. It was too good for him, IMO.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1659 on: November 20, 2017, 01:13:59 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #1660 on: November 20, 2017, 01:16:00 pm »
I guess it never occurred to a lot of people that there are those who can and do enjoy life (or as you refer to it, "have fun") by making intelligent choices about their lives. I'm always befuddled when people equate drinking (or drugging) with fun. Since I'm not sure what you are saying by your post, maybe we are talking past each other, but one thing I know for sure: One can live a life rich and full without having to alter their mind with a substance. It's also a good demonstration to kids who are watching adults (and they always are) for cues on how to function as an adult. If they can witness that substances aren't required in order to enjoy life, they can believe that sobriety is a valid choice when others try to tempt them with alcohol or drugs.

Good judgment isn't only limited to substances, either. Kids observe how adults comport themselves, whether they keep their word to others, whether they're kind or critical, whether they're moral, whether they're responsible, etc. Kids are always receiving messages from the adults around them even if they're not totally aware of it. If we could just manage to raise a good generation of kids into highly functioning adults, maybe there would be hope for this nation. Instead, we become less functional with every passing generation.

I wised up a little later than I would have preferred but I was still quite young. Never, for a single moment -- not even a nano-second -- did I have the sense that I was enduring life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og8dVo2WY1U

@musiclady
@AllThatJazzZ  :amen:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1661 on: November 20, 2017, 01:18:24 pm »
Jana Novotna, former Wimbledon tennis champion, dies aged 49

Jana Novotna, who has died of cancer at 49, will forever be remembered for a moment of tears in defeat on Centre Court at Wimbledon, as much as the 100 titles she won in a long and lauded tennis career.

The Czech player, who was inducted into the sport’s hall of fame in 2005, struggled to contain her emotions after losing to Steffi Graf in the 1993 final at the All England Club, and the image of the Duchess of Kent consoling her during the trophy presentation is among the most enduring of the championships.

She was in sight of victory, leading 4-1 in the third set, when the German took five games in a row and went on to win 7-6 (6), 1-6, 6-4. When Novotna began crying after being presented with the loser’s plate, the Duchess of Kent put an arm around her and whispered: “Don’t worry, you’ll win this one day.”
The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage
Read more

She lost to Martina Hingis in the final four years later but won the title in 1998  ...  The Guardian
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1662 on: November 20, 2017, 01:54:42 pm »
Because of the promulgation of television in the 1960s, the number of celebrities ballooned over that time, now they are hitting their 70s and 80s, so it stands to reason why the number of celebrity deaths are much higher than before.
Also remember: 1946, the first year of the Baby Boomers, was 71 years ago now. The mean life expectancy in this country is around 75. We have a boatload of old people reaching their natural expiration dates.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1663 on: November 20, 2017, 02:21:06 pm »
I was thinking it might be a good thing if Manson's brain could be analyzed now that he's dead.  Maybe we could get some insight into what was behind his murderous rampage and his looney tunes behavior.

@Applewood

It would be a waste of time. The man spent 40+ years in solitary confinement. ANYBODY would be nuts after that. I am GUESSING the ability to read brain waves didn't exist back when he was first convicted,so it was never going to happen.

I am probably wrong,but I THINK I read somewhere that there is a program now to test the physical and chemical characteristics of the brains of serial killers,but the program would be pretty limited because most of them have appeals in the works,and they aren't stupid enough to participate in any program that might help prove their guilt.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1664 on: November 20, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »
@Applewood

It would be a waste of time. The man spent 40+ years in solitary confinement. ANYBODY would be nuts after that. I am GUESSING the ability to read brain waves didn't exist back when he was first convicted,so it was never going to happen.

I am probably wrong,but I THINK I read somewhere that there is a program now to test the physical and chemical characteristics of the brains of serial killers,but the program would be pretty limited because most of them have appeals in the works,and they aren't stupid enough to participate in any program that might help prove their guilt.

I think it's a bad idea.  Liberals are always looking for some way to pin behavior on some immutable characteristic, as a way of shifting blame away from the individual who is a monster.  They may as well waste their time reading the bumps on his head or something.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 02:33:07 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1665 on: November 20, 2017, 02:32:17 pm »
Also remember: 1946, the first year of the Baby Boomers, was 71 years ago now. The mean life expectancy in this country is around 75. We have a boatload of old people reaching their natural expiration dates.

@jmyrlefuller

Good point about 1946. Most people,even in cities,didn't have tv's OR tv stations until the early 50's. I grew up in a medium-sized city surrounded by other medium-sized cities with no "country" to speak of between the borders,and we were the first family in our neighborhood that got a tv. IIRC,this was in 1953,and CBS was the only channel being broadcast.

Therefore,there WERE no aged stars to speak of dying off for people to notice before the 1950's. Yeah,there may have been a few Broadway or movie stars dying,but not many because there wasn't as many of them to start with.

Plus,for whatever reasons,people seem to think they "know" the tv stars that appear in their homes at least once a week,while the movie starts that only "show up" once or twice a year on the movie screen was treated like someone they had just heard of.

Probably  by the time the current 20-something generation is in their 70's,nobody will even care when movie and tv stars die off because of the different perspective.

I still think music fans will take the deaths of musicians as personal losses,though.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1666 on: November 20, 2017, 02:36:05 pm »
I think it's a bad idea.  Liberals are always looking for some way to pin behavior on some immutable characteristic, as a way of shifting blame away from the individual who is a monster.  They may as well waste their time reading the bumps on his head or something.

Agreed.  As science becomes a religion, we look for physical causes of spiritual disorder. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1667 on: November 20, 2017, 02:38:12 pm »
Agreed.  As science becomes a religion, we look for physical causes of spiritual disorder.

Besides, what would they do if it turns out ol' Charlie had the "Gay Gene?"   :whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1668 on: November 20, 2017, 02:44:46 pm »
Plus,for whatever reasons,people seem to think they "know" the tv stars that appear in their homes at least once a week,while the movie starts that only "show up" once or twice a year on the movie screen was treated like someone they had just heard of.

That's pretty insightful

Probably  by the time the current 20-something generation is in their 70's,nobody will even care when movie and tv stars die off because of the different perspective.

I still think music fans will take the deaths of musicians as personal losses,though.

I think that's true, because of the familiarity you mentioned.  People hear these recording artists as many as several times per day.
I will NOT comply.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1669 on: November 20, 2017, 03:04:40 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen,

I want to announce that Charles Manson has died.

Breaking story .

https://news.sky.com/story/former-cult-leader-charles-manson-dies-aged-83-11135217

May the families of Sharon Tate, Abigail Folger, The La Bianca's , Jay Sebring, Steve Parent, and Wojiech Frykowski finally know peace

Amen!

I'll never understand why this monster wasn't removed from earth as soon as the guilty verdict was pronounced.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1670 on: November 20, 2017, 03:18:36 pm »
Amen!

I'll never understand why this monster wasn't removed from earth as soon as the guilty verdict was pronounced.

The Supreme Court decided it would be mean.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1671 on: November 20, 2017, 03:32:14 pm »
The Supreme Court decided it would be mean.

Yep!  We need to stop executing vermin and start performing retroactive abortions on them instead!  THAT would be perfectly fine!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1672 on: November 20, 2017, 03:40:53 pm »

I think that's true, because of the familiarity you mentioned.  People hear these recording artists as many as several times per day.

@Cyber Liberty

Not only that,but music moves us all on an emotional level that nothing visual even approaches. All,generally,in 3 minutes or less.

It's just the way most of us seem to be wired.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:41:20 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Mod2

« Reply #1673 on: November 20, 2017, 03:41:19 pm »
No more religious discussion on this thread, please. I mean it, or posts will be deleted.

Can't say I didn't warn you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 06:23:33 pm by Mod2 »

Offline verga

« Reply #1674 on: November 20, 2017, 04:28:38 pm »
I know this is unChristian, but, Good Riddance!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.