Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209233 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #550 on: April 23, 2017, 02:02:25 am »
The scenario sounds all too familiar. I would not be the least bit surprised if it turned out to be heroin.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #551 on: April 23, 2017, 02:53:31 am »
The scenario sounds all too familiar. I would not be the least bit surprised if it turned out to be heroin.

Very sad...living in a trailer park after stardom.  As for the heroin, unfortunately, you're probably correct.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #552 on: April 23, 2017, 06:31:47 am »
I heard she had fallen on some hard times, I remember reading she was siupposed to have a cameo on "Arrested Development 4" but it fell through.

56 is too young. RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #553 on: April 23, 2017, 06:36:44 am »

A very talented cheftestant from "Hell's KItchen 16" ODed two days ago in Philly. Not releasing which drug caused the OD, but it made all the tabloids. He was 36.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #554 on: April 23, 2017, 04:23:39 pm »
A very talented cheftestant from "Hell's KItchen 16" ODed two days ago in Philly. Not releasing which drug caused the OD, but it made all the tabloids. He was 36.

Addiction/overdose is becoming a very disturbing trend and its just not from street drugs but prescription drugs as well.  Something needs to be done.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #555 on: April 23, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »
Addiction/overdose is becoming a very disturbing trend and its just not from street drugs but prescription drugs as well.  Something needs to be done.
It's a symptom. The disease is more spiritual than physical. You would think, after the sixties and seventies, people would have learned that Heroin was bad sh*t and avoid it. But it's a new generation, busy reinventing the wheel and making those same mistakes, often at the behest of the hippies who are seeking relevancy even now.

Funny how the Democrats of today, the Liberals and Communists who pushed the same sh*t in the sixties now have the same 'social problems' from back then, after dumping enough space budget to establish colonies on the Moon and Mars on the "problems right here at home".

By their fruits shall ye know them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #556 on: April 23, 2017, 05:10:02 pm »

Joanie Loves Smack

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #557 on: April 23, 2017, 05:28:52 pm »

The first thing the government will do, to that end, will be to go for the low-hanging fruit:  People who obtain Opioids legally.  They're easiest because presumably the DEA can simply punish Drs. who write the prescriptions and the drugs will stop flowing.

There's just the little matter of the fact these are the people who will suffer the most, but that's OK, it's government.  It's like gun control always taking guns from the most innocent first.  It's OK as long as bureaucrats feel good doing it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #558 on: April 23, 2017, 05:32:39 pm »
As someone who took prescription pain meds for all of 10 minutes once when I tore cartilage in my knee, I have a hard time understanding this particular addiction.  The drugs I was prescribed made me feel like (expletive).  I don't even think they relieved the pain. I just think they made me not care.  Not a feeling I like. 

Pennsylvania is spending gobs of taxpayer money on this "crisis."  One of the local TV channels is running incessant news stories and advertisements on the subject.  It also appears that an increasing number of clinics have popped up, claiming to offer a cure for this addiction.  It's another reason not to watch tv.

Maybe I'm hard hearted, but I don't see a problem here that should be my concern. There are plenty of people out there in a lot worse pain. Why reach for some powerful drug every time you feel little more than a pinch?  Maybe it's because we now have a generation of delicate snowflakes who don't know how to tough it out. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #559 on: April 23, 2017, 06:26:57 pm »
Very sad...living in a trailer park after stardom.  As for the heroin, unfortunately, you're probably correct.

An article I read said she was living in a trailer park with her husband.

Not jumping to conclusions without evidence, but was he part of her problem?  Could he not work and provide them a home?  Was he doing drugs?

Don't know if those questions will ever be answered, but I find this story tragic.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #560 on: April 23, 2017, 06:29:25 pm »
Joanie Loves Smack

She was on the Booze Cruise too.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #561 on: April 23, 2017, 06:31:29 pm »
She was on the Booze Cruise too.

Apparently so was Cuba Gooding, Sr.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2017, 06:36:11 pm »
Fame, and particularly early-life fame, doesn't seem to do anyone any good.  Some rise above, but many are not able to.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2017, 06:38:09 pm »
I don't think she made great money at residuals or gigs, but it seems she should have had enough to not be living in a trailer park in small town Indiana. That tends to hint at a substance abuse problem.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2017, 07:21:42 pm »
I agree, @Applewood . I'm a Pittsburgher living in WV, and both our states' news media incessantly yammer about the opioid crisis and "what is government going to do about it?!?!?!?"  but no one seems to consider the abusers' responsibility in all this.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2017, 07:25:24 pm »

President Trump, AG Sessions and the Homeland Security guy Kelly have all stated the Border Wall is in part to impede the importation of dangerous drugs to our children and family members.

My understanding is, Heroin is more easy to get and cheaper, than prescription pain meds (Opioids).

The prescription variety are predictable, the dosage and content are clear. Heroin is a roll of the dice. Unexpectedly strong stuff killed Janice Joplin and Jimi Hendrix.

They were of course foolish, but not intending to commit suicide. I believe few today, intend to OD and die.

Once in the grip of Opioids and Heroin, you just want more, your judgment is gone.  Unlike the two above, Prince apparently OD'd on prescription variety meds. 

Modern medicine is great for surgeries, but pretty awful when it comes to getting folks off pain med addictions. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #566 on: April 23, 2017, 07:31:01 pm »
Free heroin is the way to go. Hand it out like candy. Manufactured here without impurities and dosage controlled.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #567 on: April 23, 2017, 07:32:48 pm »
I good place to start understanding the Opioid issue would be to knock off the idea that everybody who takes them needs to get off them.  There are people with chronic conditions that don't respond to other medications.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #568 on: April 23, 2017, 07:33:22 pm »
@libertybele

Don't know for sure yet about heroin or other drugs, but the Indianapolis Star says Moran and her husband
first moved to Indianapolis to help care for his ailing mother. They'd also hit hard times before moving there,
when their home was foreclosed upon and they were forced to sell another couple of California properties.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #569 on: April 23, 2017, 07:48:49 pm »
@libertybele

Don't know for sure yet about heroin or other drugs, but the Indianapolis Star says Moran and her husband
first moved to Indianapolis to help care for his ailing mother. They'd also hit hard times before moving there,
when their home was foreclosed upon and they were forced to sell another couple of California properties.

She was reportedly kicked out of her trailer park home in Indiana because of her hard-partying ways.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #570 on: April 23, 2017, 08:03:39 pm »
I good place to start understanding the Opioid issue would be to knock off the idea that everybody who takes them needs to get off them.  There are people with chronic conditions that don't respond to other medications.
I have no idea, where you got the idea that "everybody who takes them needs to get off."

But people that no longer need them, get strung out on them, cut off by their doctors, and turn to deadly Heroin.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #571 on: April 23, 2017, 08:07:42 pm »
I have no idea, where you got the idea that "everybody who takes them needs to get off."

But people that no longer need them, get strung out on them, cut off by their doctors, and turn to deadly Heroin.

Obviously I misinterpreted this line, and the gist of several that came before.

Modern medicine is great for surgeries, but pretty awful when it comes to getting folks off pain med addictions. 

Every time I see people mention pain meds, it's in the same sentence as getting off them.  I guess I just read things incorrectly.
I will NOT comply.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #572 on: April 23, 2017, 08:46:02 pm »
Obviously I misinterpreted this line, and the gist of several that came before.

Every time I see people mention pain meds, it's in the same sentence as getting off them.  I guess I just read things incorrectly.
I had my own personal experience with legitimate pain meds. I decided to try getting off, BEFORE my Doctor or PA even hinted about it.

I find the side effects of the drugs, to be worse than the pain. So for several subsequent surgeries, I got off the drugs asap, as in 2 days or less.

So I restate, I do NOT think our medical professionals do a very good job, managing pain meds.

We have a family friend, and their son died from the Tylenol in his pain meds. Did he REALLY need those pills, for years?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #573 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:44 pm »

@Cyber Liberty

True,but people need to wake up to the FACT that pain is your friend. It reminds you that you are injured so you don't do something stupid to make the injury worse. Yes,there are levels of pain that nobody can deal with. I call them the "I want my mama!" pain level. I've been there myself,and when you are there,you will take anything you can get your hands on. I have been there myself,but don't worry about recognizing it if you ever get there. You'll know.

BUT.....,pretty much anything below that level can be dealt with and the fewer downs you take for pain the longer you will live. People with chronic pain that take opioids on a daily basis may be managing their pain,but they are also weakening their heart and guaranteeing themselves a early death.  The ironic part about this is the more of them you take and the longer you take them,the less effective they are at easing pain,so you end up taking more to get less pain relief and to feed the monkey on your back. You have taken a bad problem,and made it worse.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2017, 09:05:28 pm »
An article I read said she was living in a trailer park with her husband.  Not jumping to conclusions without evidence, but was he part of her problem?  Could he not work and provide them a home? 

Actually, her husband was the one working ... albeit at Walmart, but he was the one with a paying job.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:35:36 pm by Mod1 »