Author Topic: Obituaries for 2017  (Read 209170 times)

Online kevindavis007

Re: Obituaries for 2017
« Reply #975 on: June 17, 2017, 11:13:13 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #976 on: June 18, 2017, 12:04:52 am »
Ventura County, not Ventura Country

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:07:36 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #977 on: June 18, 2017, 12:14:15 am »
Oh no! Loved him in that movie! I just saw him on a rerun of Scrubs the other night too.

RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #978 on: June 18, 2017, 12:54:51 am »
Actor Stephen Furst, of Animal House fame, dies at 62

Furst, who battled weight issues and hereditary type-2 diabetes throughout most of his life, was a prominent character actor and voice artist through his life. He first rose to fame as Kent "Flounder" Dorfman, one of the characters in National Lampoon's Animal House. He also had notable roles as Vir Cotto in the TV series Babylon 5 (a role that allegedly inspired North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un's haircut) and Dr. Elliot Axelrod on St. Elsewhere.

Furst later made a conscious effort to improve his health after being diagnosed with diabetes shortly after both his parents died at age 47. Although he lost his foot to the disease and eventually died from complications stemming from it, his efforts allowed him to live 15 years longer than his parents did.

Obituary from the Associated Press

Wikipedia

IMDB
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #979 on: June 18, 2017, 01:58:52 am »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #980 on: June 18, 2017, 10:49:07 am »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #981 on: June 18, 2017, 11:17:48 am »
Animal House is one of my favorite movies.  I'll be watching it this afternoon in Mr. Furst's memory.   8888crybaby

Rest in peace. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #982 on: June 18, 2017, 02:48:10 pm »
RIP Stephen Furst. Another one of the Babylon 5 guys gone by their early-60's if not before.

Richard Biggs - 44
Stephen Furst - 63
Andreas Katsulas - 60
Jerry Doyle - 60
Jeff Conaway - 61
Michael O'Hare - 60
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #983 on: June 19, 2017, 08:09:30 pm »
So Carrie Fischer died of drugs it seems... they won't come out and say that but she did seem healthy other than that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #984 on: June 19, 2017, 09:07:37 pm »
So Carrie Fischer died of drugs it seems... they won't come out and say that but she did seem healthy other than that.

Looks like.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #985 on: June 19, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »

Also read that Ms. Fisher also suffered from sleep apnea, which can be fatal.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #986 on: June 19, 2017, 10:09:41 pm »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #987 on: June 20, 2017, 12:00:55 am »
UFC fighter Tim Hague dies at 33
Associated Press on MSN.com · 1 day ago

Hague, who was nicknamed 'The Thrashing Machine,' was critically injured when he was knocked out in a boxing match with Adam Braidwood on Friday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma/tim-hague-ufc-fighter-turned-boxer-dies-at-33/ar-BBCR2S2?li=BBnb7Kz&OCID=ansmsnnews11

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Hague

He fought Adam Braidwood in Edmonton,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Braidwood

Both appear to have been born in Canada.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #988 on: June 20, 2017, 12:05:34 am »
RIP Jose Jimenez . . .

Comedian Bill Dana, Who Played the Character Jose Jimenez, Dies at 92

That makes me sad.  He's one I met in the 80's.  I owe a lot to Lew King.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #989 on: June 20, 2017, 01:35:28 am »
RIP Jose Jimenez . . .

Comedian Bill Dana, Who Played the Character Jose Jimenez, Dies at 92
Wow. I remember him on radio back during the days of the Mercury program. RIP sir, and thanks for all the laughs in an era when America still had a sense of humor.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #990 on: June 23, 2017, 11:48:02 am »
Not going to speak ill of the dead, so I have nothing to add here.

There are evil doers in this world and then there was Stewart.   May she rot in hell for eternity.  Terrorism's best friend.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 11:49:40 am by Rivergirl »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #991 on: June 23, 2017, 01:18:28 pm »
Not going to speak ill of the dead, so I have nothing to add here.

@Cyber Liberty

Why? If she was evil and did evil while alive,her death is a cause for celebration.

NONE of the evil she did or promoted while alive is now negated just because she is dead,and as a lawyer chances are that evil will still be active and inflicting injury on living people years or even decades from now.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #992 on: June 23, 2017, 07:34:53 pm »
Televangelist Leroy Jenkins dead at 83

There was a time when everyone knew his name. The Rev. Leroy Jenkins was famous in Delaware, where he started the Healing Water Cathedral in the 1970s.

A televangelist and faith healer, Jenkins, 83, died from complications of pneumonia Wednesday morning in Florida, said his son, Danny Jenkins.

He always had a big presence, and loved being around people, Danny Jenkins said.

“He looked like Elvis, dressed like Liberace, ran for governor and said he had God-given powers,” said Lee Yoakum, spokesman for the city of Delaware, in an email. “Someone like that is going to leave a pretty colorful history — in any town — not just Delaware.”

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170622/televangelist-leroy-jenkins-dead-at-83
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #993 on: June 23, 2017, 08:39:19 pm »
Never heard of him, and I thought I was familiar with most of 'em.
... Jenkins had legal troubles and he served time in prison on charges of conspiracy to commit arson and assault. He also filed for bankruptcy, was indicted for tax evasion and is accused of selling contaminated “miracle water.”  ...
Was that wrong?  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #994 on: June 23, 2017, 08:42:38 pm »

There was a time when everyone knew his name. The Rev. Leroy Jenkins was famous in Delaware, where he started the Healing Water Cathedral in the 1970s.

A televangelist and faith healer, Jenkins, 83, died from complications of pneumonia Wednesday morning in Florida, said his son, Danny Jenkins.

He always had a big presence, and loved being around people, Danny Jenkins said.

“He looked like Elvis, dressed like Liberace, ran for governor and said he had God-given powers,” said Lee Yoakum, spokesman for the city of Delaware, in an email. “Someone like that is going to leave a pretty colorful history — in any town — not just Delaware.”

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170622/televangelist-leroy-jenkins-dead-at-83

Not to be confused with Leeroy Jenkins.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/leeroy-jenkins
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #995 on: June 23, 2017, 08:58:17 pm »
Not to be confused with Leeroy Jenkins.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/leeroy-jenkins

The similarities are so close I can see how people could get them confused.

Leeroy Jenkins is the name of a World of Warcraft character that is known for screaming out his name before ignorantly charging headlong into battle, killing everyone in his party.

vs

A televangelist and faith healer, Jenkins looked like Elvis, dressed like Liberace, ran for governor and said he had God-given powers

:whistle: :laugh:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #996 on: June 24, 2017, 12:21:34 am »
Venus Ramey, war bond-selling, gun-toting Miss America of 1944, dies at 92

By Jon Herskovitz

Venus Ramey, who used her victory as Miss America in 1944 to sell war bonds and make appearances on the vaudeville stage, has died at the age of 92, a funeral home in her native Kentucky said on Sunday.

Ramey, at age 82 in 2007, thwarted an attempt to steal equipment at her Kentucky farm by balancing with a walking stick and shooting out the tires of the suspects' vehicle, local news reports at the time said.

After the incident, she appeared on national TV programs including "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," where she quipped that she liked to start things with a bang.

Ramey left Kentucky for the U.S. capital in the 1940s to help with the war effort during World War Two and represented the District of Columbia when she was crowned Miss America. During her tenure, she worked with members of Congress to help enact women's rights legislation, the Miss America organization said.

Continued: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-ramey-idUSKBN19A05I

Here's a picture of her with some young girls who to me, appear to be Asian. I wonder what the story is behind this? I see, the book she has, has Chinese characters and some of the background looks Chinese. Not conclusive but probably.

Lovely picture.

http://asktran.com/home/2017/06/19/venus-ramey-war-bond-selling-gun-toting-miss-america-of-1944-dead-at-92/
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:28:58 am by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #997 on: June 24, 2017, 02:28:10 am »

Here's a picture of her with some young girls who to me, appear to be Asian. I wonder what the story is behind this? I see, the book she has, has Chinese characters and some of the background looks Chinese. Not conclusive but probably.

Lovely picture.

http://asktran.com/home/2017/06/19/venus-ramey-war-bond-selling-gun-toting-miss-america-of-1944-dead-at-92/

Now, that's a life thoroughly lived!  What a lady.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #998 on: June 27, 2017, 11:16:05 pm »
RIP Anthony Young . . .

Anthony Young dies at 51; lost record 27 straight games

Former pitcher Anthony Young, who still holds the major league record with 27 consecutive losses, died in Houston on Tuesday, the New York Mets announced.

He was 51 years old. His death comes on the anniversary of his 24th consecutive loss, which broke the record, on June 27, 1993 against the St. Louis Cardinals.

Former Mets pitcher Turk Wendell said in a statement that Young said earlier this year at the Mets' fantasy camp that he had been diagnosed with a brain tumor.

"Anthony was a true gentleman," Wendell said. "At this year's fantasy camp, he told us he had a brain tumor. That was Anthony. He never ran away from anything."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #999 on: June 28, 2017, 01:39:55 pm »
Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist, of Dragon Tattoo and John Wick, dies at 56
The actor, who appeared as Mikael Blomkvist in the Swedish adaptations of the Stieg Larsson novels, has died of lung cancer
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/jun/27/swedish-actor-michael-nyqvist-dies-56

Swedish actor Michael Nyqvist has died at the age of 56. He had been battling lung cancer.

The Stockholm-born actor was best known for his role as Mikael Blomkvist in the original Swedish Dragon Tattoo trilogy, which included The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.

He later appeared in Hollywood action thrillers such as John Wick and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.

Excerpt.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn