Author Topic: 35 killed in terror attack on famous night club in central Istanbul - CNNTurk  (Read 2071 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/35-killed-in-terror-attack-on-famous-night-club-in-central-istanbul.aspx?pageID=238&nID=107983&NewsCatID=509
35 killed in terror attack on famous night club in central Istanbul
An attacker killed at least 35 people, including a police officer, in a gun attack held on Reina, a popular night club in Istanbul by the Bosphorus, according to broadcaster CNNTurk.

Dozens of people were wounded in the attack, local broadcasters have reported.

A reporter at the crime scene said live on CNNTurk that some 50 to 60 ambulances have been dispatched to the scene.

The attackers used long-barrell guns, eye witnesses said.

See link above for more info

We'll see if this is a reliable report while other outlets still report 2 killed, many injured.

Armed Attack Reported At Istanbul Nightclub

An armed attacker has struck a night club in the Turkish city of Istanbul, state media are reporting.

The NTV television channel is reporting that “many people” have been injured and that police and ambulances at the Club Reina in the city’s Besiktas district.

NTV also reported at least two people killed, but that information has not been officially confirmed.

Continued: http://www.rferl.org/a/28207931.html
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 12:29:24 am by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Drudge has 40 dead
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

Gunmen/Gunman dressed as Santa, ISIS takes responsibility.

Offline TomSea

Drudge has 40 dead

Now, they have the number wounded as 40.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is exactly what ISIS has ordered....I hope this doesn't spread across the world
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

I hope this doesn't happen somewhere else, wherever it could happen, many places.

Offline Rivergirl

Latest count..............35 dead and 40 wounded.
A very upscale nightclub.  People out celebrating the New Year.
No one taking responsibility at this time.     Erdogan blaming ISIS or Kurds.   IOW, he is exploiting this tragedy.

Offline TomSea

There was a story that Russia aided Turkey by helping bomb ISIS just in the last 48 hours;  all of this adds up that ISIS will probably try to target Turkey more, if they are now having the fight taken to them. I can't imagine how living in Turkey would be now; but it seems they often try to live normally despite all of this turmoil.

What a mess, Turkey has dealt with a supposed coup, Kurdish rebels and now, ISIS.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:31:33 am by TomSea »

Offline DB

There was a story that Russia aided Turkey by helping bomb ISIS just in the last 48 hours;  all of this adds up that ISIS will probably try to target Turkey more, if they are now having the fight taken to them. I can't imagine how living in Turkey would be now; but it seems they often try to live normally despite all of this turmoil.

What a mess, Turkey has dealt with a supposed coup, Kurdish rebels and now, ISIS.

If I lived in Turkey, I'd get out ASAP by whatever means required. At a minimum Turkey is becoming another Islamic hell hole and will likely turn into something far worse.

Offline TomSea

AFP via Jihadwatch:

Dogan news agency said there were two gunmen dressed in Santa outfits, although this has yet to be confirmed. According to some witnesses cited by Dogan, the attackers were “speaking Arabic”….

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2017/01/death-toll-in-istanbul-nightclub-now-39-killers-were-speaking-arabic

Offline TomSea

Mehmet Kocarslan, the owner of the club, told a Hürriyet reporter that assailants attacked the club with AK47s. He also said that due to US intelligence, Turkish security units had been taking measures for the last 10 days around the club. İstanbul had been on high alert, with some 17,000 police officers on duty, following a series of terrorist attacks in the city in recent months.

An eyewitness told Hürriyet that a person dressed as Santa Claus killed a police officer in front of the club before carrying out the attack, and a journalist shared a photo on Twitter of a man who was slain in front of the nightclub.

More: http://www.turkishminute.com/2017/01/01/several-foreigners-among-69-wounded-istanbul-nightclub-attack-killed-least-39/

Maybe there was one attacker and maybe he was killed. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Early reports.

Offline TomSea

Is this the Jihadi slime in the Santa suit? Or is this a police officer? Scary video here, no one gets killed, it's not graphic in that manner but it gives one an idea of how it was in there. (A dog?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu88nSCie2I

Thirty-nine people died at the scene in total, while 69 were injured.Of the 25 male and 14 female victims of the slaughter, seven were Saudi Arabian, two Indian, one from Canada, one from Syria, one from Israel, two Tunisians, 4 from Iraq, one Lebanese and one from Belgium.Eleven were Turkish citizens.
Continued: http://www.turkishminute.com/2017/01/01/video-24-foreign-nationals-among-39-killed-istanbul-nightclub-terror-attack/
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 05:43:10 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I feel MUCH more secure in America with a President who recognizes the islamic threat.

Russia apparently faces the same threat. If the result is for the US to join with Russia,

for our mutual security, as we did in WWII, I am very much okay with that method.

That is effing pragmatic reality.

If on the other hand you prefer Frau Merkel and her multi-cultural diversity driven methods, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

Make America Safe again, make America Sane again, make America Secure again, MAGA.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline TomSea

Some data is compelling though, that a lot of the Syrian refugees at least, are fleeing Assad more than other reason. We can all ponder if that is correct or not; but if so, one could almost say Iran/Russia and Syria are the ones flooding Europe.  I don't know if that is true, it is said in some quarters.

Offline TomSea

Word is now, that they may be looking for a Kazakh or person from Kyrgyzstan, these are old parts of the USSR, perhaps even being a Russian speaker but we will see. Early reports said they thought the killer was speaking some Arabic but that is not spoken of much now.

The ISIS statement on this, said something about targeting Christians, thinking they'd be celebrating the holiday but 7 Saudis killed and 7 wounded, persons from Jordan, Palestine, Morocco, Tunisia killed. Read for exact details.

Here is a strange part of the story, Elias (Christian type name, could be Jewish too.) from Lebanon escaped but likely stumbled into the Boshphorus strait, river and drowned, tragic.  Was the club right next to the river?

Lebanese escapes Istanbul nightclub attack, only to drown in Bosphorus
Staff writer, Al Arabiya English Monday, 2 January 2017

Lebanese fitness instructor, Elias Wardini, survived Istanbul’s New Year’s Eve nightclub attack, that claimed the life of 39 revelers, among them 20 Arabs, in a bloody assault carried out by an ISIS gunman disguised as ‘Santa Clause’. But in a cruel twist of fate drowned in the Bosporus river after fleeing the rampage.

Also among the victims of Sunday’s attack were two other Lebanese people: a young woman named Rita Chami, and a fitness club owner and trainer, Haikal Mussalem, 39, who was killed while exiting the club’s restroom. His newly wed wife, Mireille Khoury escaped unscathed.

Continued: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/features/2017/01/02/Lebanese-escapes-Istanbul-nightclub-attack-only-to-drown-in-Bosphorus.html

Offline TomSea

[UPDATE] Wife of nightclub gunman detained in Konya

Following the release of new images and videos of the gunman who killed at least 39 people in a popular İstanbul nightclub on New Year’s Day, the police have detained his wife in Konya province although the terrorist’s identity has not yet been revealed.

The gunman reportedly came from Kyrgyzstan to İstanbul by plane on Nov. 20 with his wife and two children and rented an apartment in the Central Anatolian city of Konya. The terrorist Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) claimed responsibility for the massacre in İstanbul on Monday.

Neighbors in Konya informed the police about the gunman’s family after the images appeared in the media, upon which the gunman’s wife was detained. She reportedly told police that she had no idea about her husband’s sympathies towards ISIL, let alone his connection to the terrorist group. The gunman’s wife has been brought to İstanbul from Konya, and police announced that the gunman’s fingerprints have also been found without revealing his name.

Continued: http://www.turkishminute.com/2017/01/03/update-wife-nightclub-gunman-detained-konya/

Offline mirraflake

The gunman's wife said she had no clue her husband could be violent or was a jihadist.. Total BS. Bulldoze down her house like the Isreali's  do.

@TomSea

Offline TomSea

Apparently, the 2nd person wrongfully accused of this act:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2525647/second-man-wrongly-accused-of-istanbul-nightclub-terror-attack-after-his-passport-is-leaked-by-cops-confirms-he-is-innocent/

So, perhaps, they are having real problems finding the accused and have few clues.

Offline TomSea

Hid in the deejay cabin:

We hid in Reina for an hour amid terror attack: Nightclub DJ

The DJ of the nightclub attacked by an Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) militant in Istanbul’s Ortaköy district has described horrific scenes inside the building, saying they hid in the DJ cabin for an hour during and after the attack, which claimed a total of 39 lives.

“Me and my friend Ufuk were inside the DJ cabin. It was 1:17 a.m. My girlfriend texted me.  I figured out the time from that. I was going to reply. There were around 700 or 800 people inside the club. People were dancing and having fun. Then I heard a gunshot. We panicked. We thought it might be a blank cartridge,” DJ Abdullah Can Saraç told daily Hürriyet, adding that the ISIL militant started shooting after that point.

“There is a very narrow space under the DJ cabin. Ufuk pulled me down and we hid there. He also shut my mouth to stop me making noise,” he added.

Read More At: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/we-hid-in-reina-for-an-hour-amid-terror-attack-nightclub-dj.aspx?pageID=238&nID=108089&NewsCatID=341

Offline TomSea

The gunman's wife said she had no clue her husband could be violent or was a jihadist.. Total BS. Bulldoze down her house like the Isreali's  do.

@mirraflake

Thanks; a lot of people are regurgitating news that is now shown to be faulty. We will see what happens next.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:30:42 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

We have had 2 false suspects apparently so far, now they think they have one of those Uighurs, Muslims from China.

Turkey nightclub attack: Police 'detain several Uighurs' in raids
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-38517847

Turkish Minute published an editorial before this broke:
[OPINION] How Erdoğan empowered jihadists from China
Abdullah Bozkurt

The Turkish Islamist ruler’s secret policy of facilitating the movement of jihadists from the Uyghurs of Chinese nationality into Syria since 2011 to fight against the Bashar al-Assad government, a position that has angered Beijing and sparked diplomatic spats, appears to have boomeranged on Turkey against the background of a nightclub massacre in Istanbul that is believed to have been perpetrated by an Asian-looking militant from the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

http://www.turkishminute.com/2017/01/03/opinion-erdogan-empowered-jihadists-china/

If this is true, who knows, that would really be something, Erdogan should then be out of power but who knows if they could get him out.

Turkey has also dropped some statements about the US being at that base in Turkey, Incilirk (spelling) but that one.

Offline Rivergirl

Note that Uigers have been rounded up as part of the killing plot
The first four Gitmo terrorists released from Gitmo by Obie...............were Uigers.

Offline TomSea

Thanks for the info: @Rivergirl