Author Topic: Here’s seven of the most absurd ‘academic’ studies of 2016  (Read 597 times)

rangerrebew

Here’s seven of the most absurd ‘academic’ studies of 2016
Toni Airaksinen - Barnard College •December 30, 2016
 50  113 Share1  0

The College Fix is in the midst of our 2016 year end campaign.

Click here to join in with a tax-deductible gift and support original, student-reported journalism!
flushingmoney.Shutterstock   

Cupcake appropriation

If you asked college administrators what the biggest threats to students were in 2016, they might tell you “toxic masculinity” or black students having to live with non-black students.

But student life bureaucrats weren’t solely responsible for the hard swing to the left on campus this year. It’s also evident in the drivel academic papers published by professors at taxpayer-funded institutions or whose research is funded by national government grants.

Here’s a handful of the most absurd academic studies seen in 2016, many of them brought to light by the invaluable Twitter account New Real Peer Review:

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/30542/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:19:37 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Here’s seven of the most absurd ‘academic’ studies of 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 05:58:00 pm »
1) How to Make Glaciers Feminist

Perhaps the most infamous case study of 2016 rammed us with “feminist glaciology” in the peer-reviewed journal Progress in Human Geography. The study, published in January, notes that “relationships among gender, science, and glaciers” have been “understudied” (who knew they were being studied at all?), and it seeks to solve that by “proposing a feminist glaciology framework.”

:silly: :silly: :silly:

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 10:32:24 pm »

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Don't laugh, these are our future leaders.  Fortunately for me, I'll be doing the great dirt nap by the time these idiots really destroy America.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 10:34:19 pm »
Don't laugh, these are our future leaders.  Fortunately for me, I'll be doing the great dirt nap by the time these idiots really destroy America.

You gotta laugh, @rangerrebew.  Better than crying. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 11:00:52 pm »
“feminist glaciology”

Frigidity. Movement measured in decades.