Author Topic: Drexel U. Responds to ‘All I Want for Christmas is White Genocide’  (Read 225 times)

rangerrebew

Drexel U. Responds to ‘All I Want for Christmas is White Genocide’

In a statement [1] released on Thursday, officials at Drexel University seem to be seeking a middle ground on the inflammatory remarks of University Professor George Ciccariello-Maher’s Christmas Eve tweet, which said, “All I want for Christmas is White Genocide [2].”

Drexel University responded, “The University vigorously supports the right of its faculty members and students to freely express their opinions in the course of academic debate and discussion. In this vein, we recognize Professor Ciccariello-Maher’s tweets as protected speech.

“However, his words, taken at face value and shared in the constricted Twitter format, do not represent the values of inclusion and understanding espoused by Drexel University. As we engage with one another in conversation, it is important to remember that these principles  -- academic freedom, freedom of speech and the need for inclusivity and respect -- are not mutually exclusive.”

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/leesa-k-donner/drexel-u-responds-all-i-want-christmas-white-genocide
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:49:08 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Drexel U. Responds to ‘All I Want for Christmas is White Genocide’
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 12:50:03 pm »
Had he praised Trump, he would be in the unemployment line.