Author Topic: More US Troops Killed By Suicide Than By ISIS In The Middle East  (Read 426 times)

rangerrebew

More US Troops Killed By Suicide Than By ISIS In The Middle East
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:35:24 pm »
More US Troops Killed By Suicide Than By ISIS In The Middle East

by Staffwriter9 ยท Published December 30, 2016

Newly released statistics from the Pentagon show that among troops serving in the Middle East in the fight against ISIS, more have died as a result of suicide than have been killed in combat. The numbers show that of the 31 total deaths that have occurred since the war began in 2014, 11 of those have been due to suicide while only eight were killed at the hands of the enemy.

The war against ISIS, also called Operation Inherent Resolve, began in 2014. A total of 31 troops have died while serving since the campaign started over two years ago. However, of those 31 deaths, USA Today reports that 11 were a result of suicide. Combat was responsible for taking eight, while the remaining deaths were caused by accidents, illness or injury, and an unknown cause that is currently being investigated.

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2016/12/more-us-troops-killed-by-suicide-than-by-isis-in-the-middle-east/
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:36:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline MajorClay

Re: More US Troops Killed By Suicide Than By ISIS In The Middle East
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 04:42:07 pm »
Sad but true

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: More US Troops Killed By Suicide Than By ISIS In The Middle East
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:53:29 pm »
Sad but true

I don't know if it is or isn't.  I do know that being a soldier is being pathologized, so I am very suspicious of stories that show soldiers' mental health to be bad. Could be true, but there is very little in the story to back it up.