Author Topic: "I served for 8 years on a university sexual misconduct board and at the end of that distressing tour of duty concluded the following..."  (Read 635 times)

rangerrebew

December 30, 2016
"I served for 8 years on a university sexual misconduct board and at the end of that distressing tour of duty concluded the following..."

"(1) the combination of alcohol abuse by both parties (which is the case in the vast majority of charges), absence of witnesses, and absence of any forensic investigation in the student led process makes the charges almost impossible to prove by any standard of evidence; (2) a very small number of sexual predators can create a lot of misery on a campus (3) peer pressure and buddy systems by both male and female students are probably the best form of prevention; and (4) cases of sexual assault should go straight to the police and courts. Universities aren't equipped to handle these cases and need to stop trying to serve as a parallel justice system. This is not a place for amateur hour."

That's the second-highest-ranked comment on the NYT article: "A Majority Agreed She Was Raped by a Stanford Football Player. That Wasn’t Enough."

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/12/i-served-for-8-years-on-university.html
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:23:18 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline mirraflake

Campus rape culture is made up by angry feminist to obtain victim hood.

Colleges are required to report rapes. Out of 2800 colleges last year, half had zero rapes. Many like Stanford has 1 or 2 out of 50k + students.

Modern feminist say 1 out of 4 women are raped on campus..total bs.  That is the equivelent of Berlin after WWII by the Red Army or the Congo during war. No parent would send their daughter to those conditions.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:19:45 pm by mirraflake »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Small correction:

(2) a very small number of sexual predators false accusers can create a lot of misery on a campus

There.  Fixed it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: