Author Topic: Obama and Israel, from 2008 to 2016: A Story of Betrayal and Reversal..Michael Brown  (Read 250 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Obama and Israel, from 2008 to 2016: A Story of Betrayal and Reversal
Michael Brown
12/30/2016 12:01:00 AM

In June 2008, presidential candidate Barack Obama gave a stirring speech to AIPAC, making strong commitments to the Jewish people and Israel. In December 2016, President Obama’s Secretary of State John Kerry delivered an important policy speech that directly contradicted some of candidate Obama’s words. The contrast is striking, unnerving, and downright hypocritical.

To be fair, there is some consistency between the speeches, as both advocate a two-state solution, among other parallels. And on a certain level, President Obama has kept some of the commitments he made to Israel, including massive defense contracts and military aid. And it is true that, until last week, Obama had not allowed the UN Security Council to pass any anti-Israel resolutions.

Still, reading Obama’s 2008 speech in light of the last eight years is a real shocker. Consider the following.

more
http://townhall.com/columnists/michaelbrown/2016/12/30/obama-and-israel-from-2008-to-2016-a-story-of-betrayal-and-reversal-n2264698
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
People can bitch about Trump all they want.  At least he's not a pro-terrorist president like Obama, so that's a Plus On in my book.