Author Topic: Turkey and Russia: Syrian cease-fire will exclude terrorist groups  (Read 195 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Turkey and Russia: Syrian cease-fire will exclude terrorist groups

Turkish President Tayyip Erdoğan and Russian President Vladimir Putin agreed in a telephone conversation on Thursday that a cease-fire between the regime and opposition groups in Syria would not extend to “terrorist groups” including the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), the Kremlin said.

“I thank my dear friend Mr. Putin and all the others who lent support to the cease-fire process,” said President Erdoğan during a press conference with Kosovar President Hashim Thaci in Ankara.

Underlining that the cease-fire would not include groups which are listed as terrorists by the United Nations, Erdoğan said that “Turkey will continue to fight decisively against Daesh [ISIL] and others until completely securing the lives of its citizens.”

“No group that is listed as a terrorist organization can be part of a solution in Syria,” said Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım said on Thursday.

Continued: http://www.turkishminute.com/2016/12/29/turkey-russia-syrian-cease-fire-will-exclude-terrorist-groups/

I hope the Kurds aren't included as a terrorist group, the PKK that is, it seems Turkey calls them one and a lot of other countries accede to that definition.

They really should give them their own country, if not part of Turkish land, land in Syria and Iraq.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 07:46:23 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Turkey and Russia: Syrian cease-fire will exclude terrorist groups
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »
I thought all of those against Assad were terrorists according to the experts.

Hezbollah isn't suppose to even be in the country according to this agreement.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 04:21:31 pm by TomSea »