Author Topic: I'm a frustrated Democrat. I'm not sure Obama could have beaten Trump. Here's why  (Read 619 times)

rangerrebew

I'm a frustrated Democrat. I'm not sure Obama could have beaten Trump. Here's why
Bryan Dean Wright

By Bryan Dean Wright Published December 29, 2016 FoxNews.com

Earlier this week President Obama expressed confidence that a majority of the American people would have given him a third term had he ran for reelection. Not surprisingly, President-elect Donald Trump promptly disagreed.

Is Obama right?

Hillary Clinton ran as the President’s heir-apparent, embracing Obama’s legacy and promising to continue many of his policies. In short, Americans understood that a Clinton White House would be – by and large – an extension of the President’s.

Her message worked (sort of): Clinton won the popular vote. By doing so, she accomplished Obama’s goal of convincing a majority of voters to support his third term.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/12/29/im-frustrated-democrat-im-not-sure-obama-could-have-beaten-trump-heres-why.html
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:20:46 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Is really nice to see a lefty with the honesty and courage to say what everyone knows.  However, you can tell he's a lefty because he talked about the way the American "democracy" works.  Everyone here, I'm sure, is aware America is not now, nor has it ever been, a democracy.  It is a Republic.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When you tell demographics that comprise over half the US population that they are basically second class citizens, and in fact you'd like to get rid of them for a new set of darker and recently immigrated faces, it tends to not go over so well.

Or when you spend more time getting refugees from countries hostile to us and our values, and then give them a boat load of welfare bennies. Or when you are more concerned about getting hairy apes into little girls shower rooms than you are trying to create the conditions for decent job opportunities, to name a couple of examples.

The Orange Ass Clown wasn't even a great candidate, and they still got wiped. And they will continue to have no clue.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:31:07 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I know at least one or two people who loved Obama and hoped he could run again, but absolutely hated Clinton. Now, I might have a small sample size to work with, but the polling seems to bear that out: Clinton's turnout was way down compared to Obama's, and let's be honest, people hated Trump a hell of a lot more than they did Mitt Romney. Romney was at least a decent human being.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
By doing so, she accomplished Obama’s goal of convincing a majority of voters to support his third term.

Another idiot who doesn't understand the difference between majority and plurality.