Author Topic: Donald Trump says he'll write inauguration speech himself  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Donald Trump says he'll write inauguration speech himself
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 12:32:39 am »
I think I'll stick to my plan to watch old Law and Order re-runs instead of the ceremonies.

I hope you're kidding @Emjay   Personally, I think the inaugural ceremonies are first and foremost a unique and majestic demonstration of the peaceful transition of power.   (Which is why I'd like to see all former Presidents able to travel attend as witness to this.)  Hell, I even watched Obama in 2009.  (Don't tell anyone  ^-^ )

It's also a way to see and hear our new President.  Hopefully it will be one more step in accepting that our new President will work to make all us as one nation safer, more prosperous and more respected.

I'm hoping we have a live tread on TBR for the whole day.  I'll volunteer to help keep the pictures coming!   

Anyway, just my two cents.   :beer:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 01:15:50 am »
I'll be tuned in. I have been willing to give him a clean slate and have put his antics of the past aside. This election has generated more excitement and attention than those in the past, in part because he took the Clinton dynasty  and the Bush dynasty down all in one swoop. He deserves a round of applause and a huge pat on the back for that alone. Hopefully he will give a tremendous amount of thought to his speech and will be able to come across presidential. IMHO he needs to speak eloquently, intelligently, sincerely, honestly and from the heart so that he will be able to connect with most Americans and give us some optimism and a renewed hope that we now have the leader that this country desperately needs.  This speech will set the stage for his first 100 days and my hunch is foreign leaders will also be listening and watching very closely as well.

I hope that his inauguration will be a great night for him and a great night for the United States of America. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 01:44:07 am »
@massadvj or @andy58-in-nh ought to write it.
I might just consider that a challenge...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2016, 02:17:58 am »
I would vote for Mark Levin to write it....although it's a moot issue now.

Personally I would like to know what Melania and Ivanka are going to wear.  Maybe some details will be leaked.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2016, 02:55:41 am »
I hope you're kidding @Emjay   Personally, I think the inaugural ceremonies are first and foremost a unique and majestic demonstration of the peaceful transition of power.   (Which is why I'd like to see all former Presidents able to travel attend as witness to this.)  Hell, I even watched Obama in 2009.  (Don't tell anyone  ^-^ )

It's also a way to see and hear our new President.  Hopefully it will be one more step in accepting that our new President will work to make all us as one nation safer, more prosperous and more respected.

I'm hoping we have a live tread on TBR for the whole day.  I'll volunteer to help keep the pictures coming!   

I am not kidding.  I like Trump better when I don't see him.  Everytime I try to cut him some slack here on TBR, someone shoots me down.

I'm not averse to watching boring stuff but ....
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2016, 04:06:38 am »
   His Amazon order arrived.

888high58888

Otherwise it might be a bigly mess.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2016, 04:15:34 am »
I am not kidding.  I like Trump better when I don't see him.  Everytime I try to cut him some slack here on TBR, someone shoots me down.  I'm not averse to watching boring stuff but ....

IMHO, you are being short-sighted and self-focused, my friend.  And in so doing you are choosing to miss one of the best and most uniquely American moments.

My best to you @Emjay

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2016, 04:22:12 am »
   His Amazon order arrived.

That IS funny @corbe  --- I just hope you know President Trump will not need this .... simply because his target audience will be other than you.   ^-^

My best wishes to you and yours for happy new year.   

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2016, 04:27:05 am »
IMHO, you are being short-sighted and self-focused, my friend.  And in so doing you are choosing to miss one of the best and most uniquely American moments.

My best to you @Emjay

What a very sweet rebuke.

I'm not as bitter about Trump as some here... I'll applaud things he does that I like but I don't like Trump and I will cringe if I have to see his self-congratulatory inauguration. 

Why is that self focused?  I'm just protecting myself from Trump hate.  Maybe I'll record it and go back and watch the highlights if there are any.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2016, 04:34:15 am »
This illiterate jackass is an embarrassment to watch.  So I won't bother.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2016, 04:52:19 am »

You're braver or more willing to endure pain than I am.

I did not watch Obama's inauguration and, if Hillary had won, I certainly wouldn't have watched that spectacle.

My point is that I am trying to cut Trump some slack right now and be willing to applaud if he does something good for the country.

That will be much easier for me to do if I don't see him wallowing in the glory ....

geronl

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2016, 06:35:37 am »
It would sound like a 5th grade class President if he writes it himself

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2016, 02:13:15 pm »
My wish and hope is that it is filled with humility and statesmanship. My fear is it will slide into self-congratulation and ego.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

geronl

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2016, 02:21:05 pm »
My wish and hope is that it is filled with humility and statesmanship. .

That will never happen.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »
Trump will do fine, a bit like Reagan, Churchill and Lincoln rolled into one.

I expect to see more Sam Kinison than Reagan or Churchill in his speech. A "primal scream" would be a nice touch.   :nono:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2016, 08:58:42 pm »
That IS funny @corbe  --- I just hope you know President Trump will not need this .... simply because his target audience will be other than you.   ^-^

My best wishes to you and yours for happy new year.   

Thank you @Right_in_Virginia , I sincerely do hope that you and your Loved Ones also have a Blessed New Year, as I do all my Friends (and Foes) HERE!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

HonestJohn

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 03:21:58 am »
Trump will do fine, a bit like Reagan, Churchill and Lincoln rolled into one.

So a guy whose really tall, fat, and plays with monkeys?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 04:09:53 am »
@massadvj or @andy58-in-nh ought to write it.

Not a bad idea.  If I had the tiime, I'd write one and post it here.  :beer: