Author Topic: Reid: Mattis Should Not Get the Waiver...At Least Not This Term  (Read 454 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reid: Mattis Should Not Get the Waiver...At Least Not This Term
« on: December 29, 2016, 02:50:13 pm »

Cortney O'Brien
12/29/2016 8:00:00 AM -

Outgoing Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is apparently not convinced that Gen. James Mattis is the best person to lead the department of defense when Donald Trump assumes the presidency. In a newly released interview with New York Magazine, Reid said Congress should not try to remove the legal obstacles in Mattis' way.

Mattis is only four years retired from the military, meaning he needs a waiver from Congress to serve in the Trump administration because he does not meet the seven years' requirement. Reid's advice: Punt the decision to the next Congress.

more
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2016/12/29/harry-reid-our-2020-candidates-are-too-old-n2264235
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Reid: Mattis Should Not Get the Waiver...At Least Not This Term
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 03:27:05 pm »
They're afraid he's going to undo some of the social engineering with which the left has been plaguing the military.

They're probably right.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Reid: Mattis Should Not Get the Waiver...At Least Not This Term
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 06:13:41 pm »
Cortney O'Brien
12/29/2016 8:00:00 AM -

Outgoing Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is apparently not convinced that Gen. James Mattis is the best person to lead the department of defense when Donald Trump assumes the presidency. In a newly released interview with New York Magazine, Reid said Congress should not try to remove the legal obstacles in Mattis' way.

Mattis is only four years retired from the military, meaning he needs a waiver from Congress to serve in the Trump administration because he does not meet the seven years' requirement. Reid's advice: Punt the decision to the next Congress.

more
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2016/12/29/harry-reid-our-2020-candidates-are-too-old-n2264235

Oh Harry, no one cares what you think about things anymore.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!