Author Topic: Immigration Reform  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Immigration Reform
« on: December 26, 2016, 04:23:34 pm »
The Left's notion of Immigration Reform has undergone every conceivable variation except the most logical one, addressing the fundamental underlying issues, the only path to a viable solution.

We're all obviously aware of the Obama variation, which is to throw open the gates and see what happens.  They plead with us to be oblivious to the fact that everyone already know what happens simply by reading European newspapers.

Lesser known is the variation called the Visa program.  They tell us the government closely tracks Visa workers using a high tech database.  In reality they don't have a clue where these people are.  Everyone in Washington knows this dirty little secret yet our intrepid press reporters never quite get around to bringing this issue into the light.

Other variations include guest worker programs, specialized scientific "guests", anchor babies, passport violators, and on and on.  The list is long and ugly.

The system is broken, has been broken, and stands little chance of being fixed any time in the future.

------

The last time any serious Immigration Reform was attempted was under the Reagan administration.  After a long debate back and forth the sides agreed upon a two-step implementation.  First, pass Phase I of Immigration Reform (which they did) and then shortly thereafter Phase II would be passed.  Together, these two phases would encompass a wide ranging reform package.

But a funny thing happened along the way.  When Phase II rolled around to be passed - the Democrats reneged.

The Democrats refused to pass Phase II which left us with a half baked reform plan and has landed us exactly where we stand today.  Lesson to be learned - don't ever, and I mean ever, trust the Democrats.

------

Most every problem facing lawmakers is complicated with twists and turns and nuances.  But when you address an issue such as Health Care Reform or Immigration Reform the complexity factor is off the charts.  Stating it is complicated to the Nth degree is a gross understatement.

There is an old rule when it comes to problem solving - the more complex the issue the more simple the solution must be.

Simplify the solution, simplify it some more, then simplify it again.  When it comes to Immigration Reform this means we must have one single form of identification.  One system and one system only.  A card, similar to a driver's license, must be in possession of anyone not a U.S. citizen.  No card, out you go.