Author Topic: H-1Bs: High-Skilled for Politicians, Low-Skilled on Payday  (Read 391 times)

rangerrebew

H-1Bs: High-Skilled for Politicians, Low-Skilled on Payday
« on: December 26, 2016, 03:44:56 pm »
 H-1Bs: High-Skilled for Politicians, Low-Skilled on Payday

By John Miano, December 23, 2016

Every day from the election until the day before Thanksgiving, someone in the media called and asked me if the Trump team had contacted me. The answer was and still is "no." I have no idea what is going on in the Trump transition.

On the flip side, I do keep in touch with many technology workers. My sense of their post-election mood is guarded optimism. There is still great hope that President Trump will do right.

One of the most positive signs was Trump's call to the president of Carrier. A president has enormous moral authority and it was a good thing to see the future president using it to the benefit of Americans for a change.

http://cis.org/miano/h-1bs-high-skilled-politicians-low-skilled-payday
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:45:33 pm by rangerrebew »

geronl

Re: H-1Bs: High-Skilled for Politicians, Low-Skilled on Payday
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 03:59:05 pm »
Making beds and vacuuming floors at Mar'a'lago is not a high skill

geronl

Re: H-1Bs: High-Skilled for Politicians, Low-Skilled on Payday
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »

One of the most positive signs was Trump's call to the president of Carrier. A president has enormous moral authority and it was a good thing to see the future president using it to the benefit of Americans for a change.

No, it wasn't a positive sign. Trump brings immigrants into America to work at his resorts, this is something the "Center for Immigration Studies" should care about not whether a company moves a factory to another country.

A President should not be picking winners and losers and playing favorites and getting companies to bow down and kiss his ring.