Author Topic: Washington’s Dangerous Drums of War on North Korea  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

Washington’s Dangerous Drums of War on North Korea
« on: December 26, 2016, 11:32:09 am »
 Washington’s Dangerous Drums of War on North Korea

A South Korean army soldier watches a TV news program showing North Korea's ballistic missile believed to have been launched from underwater and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, at Seoul Railway station in Seoul, Aug. 25, 2016.

By Joel S. Wit Founder of the 38North website Read bio
    Richard Sokolsky Senior associate at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Read bio

Bombing North Korea’s missile sites would be a ‘monumental act of folly.’

The drums of war are starting to beat in Washington over North Korea. On Dec. 1, retired Gen. Walter Sharp, former commander of U.S. Forces Korea, said that President-elect Donald Trump’s administration must be ready to launch a pre-emptive strike on North Korean missile sites the next time Pyongyang is preparing to conduct a test of a long-range rocket capable of hitting the U.S. mainland. A Council on Foreign Relations task force report, issued in mid-September, warned that the United States might have to consider military actions against North Korea’s nuclear and missile capabilities. And now the Pentagon is revising its contingency plans for military strikes on these missile sites.

All of them should holster their weapons.

http://www.defenseone.com/ideas/2016/12/washingtons-dangerous-drums-war-north-korea/133828/?oref=d-dontmiss
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:32:52 am by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Washington’s Dangerous Drums of War on North Korea
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 01:28:36 pm »
Would be very difficult to find their launchers.  Many many places to hide them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Washington’s Dangerous Drums of War on North Korea
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 01:39:18 pm »
Not to mention making an attack so close to china.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.