Author Topic: President Obama's abandonment of Israel  (Read 5725 times)

Offline pjohns

President Obama's abandonment of Israel
« on: December 24, 2016, 08:44:22 pm »
Well, President Obama--in breaking with a roughly 40-year-old tradition--has now decided to decline to veto a UN resolution condemning Israel, and calling upon it to withdraw from the West Bank.

It is simply appalling!

But I have an idea:  Why not just withdraw from the UN entirely?

President-elect Donald Trump said, just yesterday, that there would be some serious changes as regarding our policy toward the UN, beginning on January 20 (his day of inauguration).

Whereas I rather doubt that this will include our total withdrawal from the UN, I truly wish that it would.

And I think that Israel should withdraw from the UN, also.

This is just another example of the globalists' attempts to attenuate nationalism--a quite dismal idea, in my opinion. 

Way back in the 1960s, there was a bumper sticker that read, "Get the US out of the UN, and get the UN out of the US."

Although I am not ordinarily much of a fan of bumper-sticker logic, this piece of wisdom was completely in keeping with my own view--both then and now...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: President Obama's abandonment of Israel
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 08:58:42 pm »
With respect, you've not exactly thought that through.

The UN will not cease to exist simply because the USA withdraws. What it will have, however, is much greater freedom of action, since one of the only 7 nations who can unilaterally block UN action will no longer have a say in what happens.

If a beast exists, it's better to be the one holding the leash, right?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:05:56 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline pjohns

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 07:33:15 pm »

The UN will not cease to exist simply because the USA withdraws. What it will have, however, is much greater freedom of action, since one of the only 7 nations who can unilaterally block UN action will no longer have a say in what happens.

In the first place, the US--by abstaining from the vote that condemns Israel--is no longer "unilaterally block[ing]" those states whose values are antithetical to our own.

Moreover, if the US--and Israel--were merely to withdraw from the UN, and totally ignore their edicts--just as if they did not even exist--I truly cannot see the downside of that...

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 09:13:29 pm »

Excellent post @EC     :thumbsup2:

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:14:10 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 06:34:15 am »

The US is the one feeding that beast the most with our tax dollars. Let it go hungry and when it barks ignore it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:38:25 am »

The US not joining The League of Nations ultimately doomed them.   The UN would suffer the same fate if we pulled out.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 01:29:15 am »
The US not joining The League of Nations ultimately doomed them.   The UN would suffer the same fate if we pulled out.

I agree.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 03:55:16 pm »
I agree.

So do I. With all due respect (and that is mostly great) to those who voiced a different opinion on this thread, there is a lot of evidence that if the USA pulled all U.N. funding or greatly reduced it and instead gave aid directly to nations that needed it, all that would happen would be that the U.N. would become virtually bankrupt (since the US supplies most of the U.N. funding by a large margin) and those government which receive aid could be held accountable for any anti-US policies or rhetoric directly instead of being able to take freely from U.S. tax payers and at the same time attack us and work against us and with those who would like to weaken or destroy us.

The little matter of funding is a small detail that some on this thread seem to have overlooked and (forgive me) not thought through.The title poster's position is entirely, fully well-thought through. 

Defunding the U.N. would be worth considering seriously. The anti-US factions in the world must be brought to heel and made to understand that they need us far more than we need any of them, either individually or collectively.

In light of the long history of horrible corruption, waste, destructiveness and wickedness promulgated directly and indirectly by the Untied (sic) Nations, a good case could be made for simply pulling the plug.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:03:58 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »
Lets keep the UN. Tear down this building Mr. Trump.   They can Telecommute from their own countries and we can give them each a PO Box at the UPS store.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 01:57:32 am »
Lets keep the UN. Tear down this building Mr. Trump.   They can Telecommute from their own countries and we can give them each a PO Box at the UPS store.

I like it. Trade out their UNion lunch box for a PO box and see if brown really can do for themselves.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 05:13:05 pm »
The 'Crats and especially the Eightball Obama need to be held fully accountable for this betrayal of Israel. Much of the damage done by this resolution will be difficult or impossible to remove. That is because the threshold for undoing a U.N. resolution is greater than for approving it in the first place.

It will be important that the new U.N. ambassador have the stones to veto virtually every resolution in the Security Council in order to bring the mongrels in the U.N. to heel and let them know that the days of the U.N. functioning as an anti-Israel/anti-conservative organ are over. Hopefully forever.

Simply by our vote alone, we could effectively cripple most of the operations of the Untied (sic) Nations, as Russia and China often have, regardless of the level of our financial contributions.
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)