Author Topic: Trump Tells 'Morning Joe,' 'Let It Be an Arms Race,' We Will Outlast Them All  (Read 869 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Tells 'Morning Joe,' 'Let It Be an Arms Race,' We Will Outlast Them All

(CNSNews.com) - "Let it be an arms race," President-elect Donald Trump told "Morning Joe's" Mika Brzezinski on Friday, after Brzezinski asked him, off camera, to clarify his tweet of the day before.

On Thursday, Trump tweeted: "The United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes."

His comment came hours after Russian President Vladimir Putin said he wanted to strengthen Russia's nuclear capabilities.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/trump-tells-morning-joe-let-it-be-arms-race-we-will-outlast-them-all

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Uhm, sorry Donald...this isn't 1981.

Many, many things have changed since then that cast a very large shadow of doubt on such an outcome.

This guy and his ignorant comments about certain defense matters is making me very unsettled...

Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

geronl

What a buffoon

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
BS on this one. We don't have the ability to spend and run up debt like we did 30 years ago.

And asymmetric warfare has changed everything, especially to an economy far more susceptible to disruption.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What a buffoon

In the 60s and 70s nuclear proliferation made some sense but after the 80s the reasons for it faded. The handful of nations that have legitimate nukes aren't going to use them. That leaves rogue nations like Iran and North Korea who couldn't care less how many nukes we have. They already know we can wipe them off the face of the map.

In the case of Iran their goal is to use a nuke against Israel and then be martyred as a nation for doing so.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 04:42:06 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline Frank Cannon

BS on this one. We don't have the ability to spend and run up debt like we did 30 years ago.

And asymmetric warfare has changed everything, especially to an economy far more susceptible to disruption.

The Soviets and Chinese are in far worse economic shape than we are. It's doable.

Offline jpsb

The Soviets and Chinese are in far worse economic shape than we are. It's doable.

China is developing a very capable first strike weapon. There is a very real possibility that this weapon could take out 2 legs of our nuclear triad. Leaving us with only submarine launched ballistic missiles. Should the Chinese also develop a ballistic missiles defense we screwed with the weapons we have today. Trump is right, time to update our nuclear capabilities.

geronl

it's already done, we have far more nukes than we need. It makes no sense to build more and more.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
it's already done, we have far more nukes than we need. It makes no sense to build more and more.

Its a waste of money.

Personally I'd rather see the military get back into the space game and take that high ground.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I understand that many of the nuclear warheads we have today are aging and cannot be kept serviceable indefinitely.

Replacements and upgrades are needed.

If Russia builds more, we must as well.

Offline Frank Cannon

I understand that many of the nuclear warheads we have today are aging and cannot be kept serviceable indefinitely.

Replacements and upgrades are needed.

If Russia builds more, we must as well.

First time I ever agreed with you. Let's not make it a habit bub.

Offline Frank Cannon

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I agreed with... MESACLONE... today!  I nearly choked over it.

The man who knows the true identity of the Dem Plant is stil here!?!? Fabulous.