Author Topic: Obama shock: Another $6 billion in 'midnight regulations'  (Read 1577 times)

rangerrebew

Obama shock: Another $6 billion in 'midnight regulations'
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:37:56 pm »
Obama shock: Another $6 billion in 'midnight regulations'
By Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) • 12/21/16 11:51 AM

President Obama, who this week has issued a flurry of environmental rules, is planning to unleash another set of "midnight regulations" right before he leaves office that will cost Americans $6 billion.

Obama has already broken all past records on creating federal regulations and red tape, and his new adds will boost the overall price tag to over $1 trillion.

The new regulations, according to the watchdog group American Action Forum, include four from the Environmental Protection Agency and one from Interior.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-shock-another-6-billion-in-midnight-regulations/article/2610168
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:38:42 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Obama shock: Another $6 billion in 'midnight regulations'
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 01:02:41 am »
And the gutless Ryan allows this by funding all budget matters by continuing resolutions.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 11:14:26 pm »
Everyone bitches about rigged elections and a racist electoral college.

Here's something we can all agree upon - eliminate the 3 month delay after the election before bringing the new person into office right away.  We don't use horses and buggies anymore so it makes a lot of sense.  If that's not reason enough I'll give you two more:

Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

Offline r9etb

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 12:35:14 am »
Here's something we can all agree upon - eliminate the 3 month delay after the election before bringing the new person into office right away. 

Um, no.  I can't agree on that.  It's a poor idea.

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 01:16:59 am »
Um, no.  I can't agree on that.  It's a poor idea.

Any reasons?  Is it just against your religion? Maybe being different than every other civilization nation on the planet provides so sort of odd bragging rights.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 01:23:11 am »

Here's something we can all agree upon - eliminate the 3 month delay after the election before bringing the new person into office right away.  We don't use horses and buggies anymore so it makes a lot of sense.  If that's not reason enough I'll give you two more:

Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

Agree. This scorched earth thing during the executive's lame duck period is a relatively new development.

Because you just can't take the punk out of the progressive.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 02:55:02 am »
Any reasons?  Is it just against your religion? Maybe being different than every other civilization nation on the planet provides so sort of odd bragging rights.

Because it takes time to get ready to be president.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 02:55:38 am »

Bill Clinton

Barack Obama

While I was about to say no, it is not a good idea as there are so many different reasons such as selecting the right cabinet to hit the ground running, etc., I began thinking that if we had true patriots elected during our cycles it would be ok.

Unfortunately, we do not elect people who are clear patriots e.g Obama.  He destroys rather than commits to keeping this country true to its founding.

As long as there are people like Obama in power, then it might be beneficial to reduce this time.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Hondo69

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 08:36:30 am »
While I was about to say no, it is not a good idea as there are so many different reasons such as selecting the right cabinet to hit the ground running, etc., I began thinking that if we had true patriots elected during our cycles it would be ok.

Unfortunately, we do not elect people who are clear patriots e.g Obama.  He destroys rather than commits to keeping this country true to its founding.

As long as there are people like Obama in power, then it might be beneficial to reduce this time.

Because it takes time to get ready to be president.

Definitely good points.

In a perfect world we could trust outgoing presidents to do the right thing.  And most did, right up until Bill Clinton.

The key word here being "trust".  When we make laws and rules and even develop certain norms in our society an element of trust is always present as an underlying given.  The Founders, for example, did not debate what would happen if a morally bankrupt, narcissistic, sociopathic rapist were ever elected to the White House.