Author Topic: How Leah Remini’s New Show Has Jolted Scientology  (Read 9826 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: How Leah Remini’s New Show Has Jolted Scientology
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2017, 10:25:30 am »

Yep.. Also, there is a rumor that created Scientology on a bet..

@kevindavis

Apparently that rumor is false.  The man he was supposed to have made the bet with, Heinlein, made public statements saying it never happened.

No, Hubbard is just a whacko.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2017, 12:51:59 pm »
@kevindavis

Apparently that rumor is false.  The man he was supposed to have made the bet with, Heinlein, made public statements saying it never happened.

No, Hubbard is just a whacko.

Normally I don't like Government going after a religion, however, Scientology is truly a cult and the Government should go after them.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2017, 01:00:34 pm »

Normally I don't like Government going after a religion, however, Scientology is truly a cult and the Government should go after them.

@kevindavis

Not because they are a cult but because they hurt people.  Their strong arm tactics are little different then organized crime.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2017, 04:27:29 pm »
@kevindavis

Not because they are a cult but because they hurt people.  Their strong arm tactics are little different then organized crime.

@driftdriver

Exactly.. Hell Scientology is like organized crime.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2017, 02:25:22 pm »
Interesting first-hand account here: I Visited the Church of Scientology; Here is What Happened, from The Federalist.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2017, 10:43:17 pm »
Interesting first-hand account here: I Visited the Church of Scientology; Here is What Happened, from The Federalist.

@mountaineer

GMTA. I was just about to post that. You might enjoy this: South Park: What Scientologist Actually Believe
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:46:36 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2017, 02:21:59 pm »
I know that Scientology was bad, but not this bad..

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2017, 06:56:27 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4094800/Scientology-slams-Leah-Remini-saying-alleged-abuses-led-death-threats-against-David-Miscavige-actress-says-not-stop-IRS-takes-away-tax-exempt-status.html

Scientology lawyer goes on national TV to slam Leah Remini for show on A&E that led to death threats against their leader David Miscavige
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2017, 07:00:05 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4094800/Scientology-slams-Leah-Remini-saying-alleged-abuses-led-death-threats-against-David-Miscavige-actress-says-not-stop-IRS-takes-away-tax-exempt-status.html

Scientology lawyer goes on national TV to slam Leah Remini for show on A&E that led to death threats against their leader David Miscavige
This show has been on for what, six weeks, and this was the best they could come up with?  :silly:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2017, 07:07:20 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2017, 12:15:08 am »

@mountaineer

"Next, my friend and I were led to an E-meter machine, which passes a small amount of electricity through your body in an attempt to read how “strong” a particular thought, memory, or sensation is.

Our tour guide, named Kenny, handed me two can-like objects which were attached to the wires stemming from the E-meter. With my permission, he pinched me, and I watched as the needle on the machine ticked upwards on the screen. He explained this indicates this had a strong reaction in my reactive mind and that I needed to think about it a few more times to bring my experience out of the reactive mind and into the analytical mind.

I was asked to think about the pain again and again until the needle didn’t tick up as high on the reader. He told me that this was because I had rationalized the painful experience and all problems could be rationalized through auditing sessions. "

It's amazing that people fall for this kind of hokum.

Silver Pines

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2017, 12:16:04 am »

@mystery-ak

I wonder how much danger Remini's life is in.  I guess the high profile of the show insulates her against whatever they might try otherwise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2017, 12:20:21 am »

I wonder how much danger Remini's life is in.  I guess the high profile of the show insulates her against whatever they might try otherwise.
She's demonstrated a real "try and stop me" attitude throughout the episodes.

Silver Pines

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2017, 12:16:29 pm »
She's demonstrated a real "try and stop me" attitude throughout the episodes.

@mountaineer

Wow, good for her.  I need to watch this show.  Hope there are still a few episodes to catch.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2017, 12:21:08 pm »
There should be another episode or two. A&E has been replaying past episodes on Monday nights, then the newest one is on Tuesday at 10 p.m. Eastern. I hope they do so again this week - check the listings.

Silver Pines

« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2017, 01:37:24 pm »
There should be another episode or two. A&E has been replaying past episodes on Monday nights, then the newest one is on Tuesday at 10 p.m. Eastern. I hope they do so again this week - check the listings.

@mountaineer

Thanks, I'm going to do that. 

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2017, 01:48:50 pm »
@mountaineer

Wow, good for her.  I need to watch this show.  Hope there are still a few episodes to catch.

@mountaineer
@CatherineofAragon

You should be able to watch the previously aired episodes here:

http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:49:21 pm by Neverdul »
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Silver Pines

« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2017, 02:02:14 pm »
@mountaineer
@CatherineofAragon

You should be able to watch the previously aired episodes here:

http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini-scientology-and-the-aftermath

Thank you, Neverdul.  Our internet speed isn't good enough for streaming.  Although...I think it would work if I waited for the entire show to download and then watched it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2017, 03:02:58 am »
On A&E right now.

Edit to add: In case you missed it.
Set in sunny Los Angeles, Tuesday’s Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath shared another dark account of a former parishioner’s time in the Church.

The latest episode of the A&E docuseries introduced viewers to Brandon Reisdorf, a sufferer of mental illness who alleged he did not receive the proper care from members of the religious organization.

“From a psychiatry point of view, he had bipolar issues,” Brandon’s mother Lois, a Scientologist for 22 years, confided to the camera.  ...

In a conversation with Remini and Rinder, Brandon claimed that he was at the home of two Scientologists trained in the process for approximately six weeks, and that he was watched “basically for 24-hours around the clock.”

“I was locked in a room for 24 hours a day,” Brandon shared, “experiencing craziness in my mind. It was just colors and pictures and hallucinations.”

He said the Church’s goal is, “to just let it go, and they claim (the episode will) run out eventually and then you’re fine again. It’s hard to explain. I should’ve been in a psychiatric hospital.”

At the time, Brandon’s bipolar disorder was not diagnosed. ...
More.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:15:54 pm by mountaineer »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2017, 01:06:34 am »
The Soviets DIDN'T ban religion in the USSR. That lie was western propaganda,mostly from Christians

So literally erasing Sundays from the Soviet calendar never happened? That's cute.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2017, 03:27:46 am »

So literally erasing Sundays from the Soviet calendar never happened? That's cute.

@jmyrlefuller

They sure did! They also erased spring and summer because they figured people like you would fall for anything.

How the HELL can anybody "erase" Sunday? It's a freaking day of the week. Even your dumbass link says "Although the traditional seven-day week was still recognized".  What the hell do you think THAT means?

BTW,maybe you should talk to some Russians that lived in Russia during that time? Bet you never thought of that,did you?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:30:18 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2017, 11:41:10 am »
@jmyrlefuller
How the HELL can anybody "erase" Sunday? It's a freaking day of the week.
By changing the legal definition of a week, just like the Soviets did. Heck, there's literally no physical basis why we go with a seven-day week in this world; it's something we simply inherited from the Jews, who may have inherited it from people before them. Nothing is stopping people from chopping a day off the week the same way the Soviets did.

Even your dumbass link says "Although the traditional seven-day week was still recognized".
And you left out the second half of the sentence: "A day of rest on Sundays was replaced by one day of rest in that week." The Soviets purposely divided the people and set up the nationalized work schedules so that no one could worship.

Again, you're engaging in blatant Communist apologist behavior. That's cute.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2017, 05:00:20 pm »

@jmyrlefuller

By changing the legal definition of a week, just like the Soviets did. Heck, there's literally no physical basis why we go with a seven-day week in this world; it's something we simply inherited from the Jews, who may have inherited it from people before them. Nothing is stopping people from chopping a day off the week the same way the Soviets did.

And you left out the second half of the sentence: "A day of rest on Sundays was replaced by one day of rest in that week." The Soviets purposely divided the people and set up the nationalized work schedules so that no one could worship.

Again, you're engaging in blatant Communist apologist behavior. That's cute.

@jmyrlefuller

ROFLMAO! *I* am a communist apologist?????  I have probably killed more communists than you have ever met.

You are a freaking loon,and those brain farts above prove it. You even admit they did NOT eliminate Sunday,they just changed the official day of rest. Then again,you sound like a rabid (in every sense of the word) Bible Thumper,so reality is nothing more than a theory to you,anyhow.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:04:13 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Mod2

« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2017, 08:03:08 pm »
Enough with the insults and namecalling, Pete. This thread isn't about the Soviet Union, anyway.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2017, 12:27:58 am »
Enough with the insults and namecalling, Pete. This thread isn't about the Soviet Union, anyway.

@Mod2

You are ok with lies being repeated as truth here,while the liar is calling me a communist apologist?

And *I* am the one you jump on?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:29:16 am by sneakypete »