Author Topic: Simple Explanation for the Political and Press Hysteria over Trump Election Victory  (Read 20574 times)

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
It isn't a statement of disrespect. I don't see anything in your argument that is new, or compelling. My philosophy is based on my 55 years of life experience. I plan on taking it to my grave-with no regret.

I have the expectation of ANY POTUS to best represent the entire nation with dignity, pride, respect, and civility. So far, trump isn't coming close to that expectation. All I see now is a sore winner carney barker.

That's unfortunate. He says only good things about you.  ^-^

If DJTs worst flaw is his verbal (and social media) behavior, I think we will all be very gratified about 100 days out. In comparison to the Eightball Obama's cross-eyed waltzing naked through the fields of Marxist lunacy, and Bush 43 (who seemed incapable of defending himself verbally and had that "deer-in-the-headlights" stare plastered on his face most of the time) Trump is the Great Communicator. The public wants a boxing match to some extent from politics, and that is what the president-elect gave them in the campaign. It is distasteful to have a president who wields words as munitions more than as tools of communication but times change. Sometimes they change for the worse.

One may either adapt to them or be overwhelmed by them. Bush 43 seemed to be in the latter category. His inability to take his case directly to the people on matters of policy all but crippled the Republican party. So if we are grading on a curve... As you (and I think most wise people), I am going to reserve judgment on the DJT administration until I see some more overt behavior.

'Glad you are feeling well. I hope that you and everyone on the forum has a great morning and a great week! Even those who suspect that I am uh, not O.K.!
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Joe Wooten

Thanks for the treatise.

People need to understand - bureaucracies have certain universal traits... they exist for their own sakes, they are inclined on their own to grow and grow, they are cold blooded and brutal, etc.

The government is a bureaucracy that projects power from the barrel of a gun. And as you point out, politicians are its high priests.

At best its a necessary evil requiring voters to tightly control it. Because unchecked it will lead us into slavery.

What we don't know now is will Trump lead from the outside, or will he become co-opted by it.

"Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy": In any bureaucracy, the people devoted to the benefit of the bureaucracy itself always get in control and those dedicated to the goals the bureaucracy is supposed to accomplish have less and less influence, and sometimes are eliminated entirely

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Pournelle's Iron Law of Bureaucracy": In any bureaucracy, the people devoted to the benefit of the bureaucracy itself always get in control and those dedicated to the goals the bureaucracy is supposed to accomplish have less and less influence, and sometimes are eliminated entirely

Right on!  It has always been so and always will be so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien