Author Topic: Most annoying person of 2016?  (Read 9118 times)

Wingnut

Re: Most annoying person of 2016?
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 08:39:14 pm »

It's a sad life after you lose an election...

Well, she does have Bill to keep her warm at night....so she has that going for her..........

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 08:39:35 pm by Wingnut »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 08:59:18 pm »
Well, she does have Bill to keep her warm at night....so she has that going for her..........

Dance, go rush the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly, when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it, you better gain way
You better hit bull's eye, the kid don't play

If there was a problem, yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Ice Ice Baby Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla
Ice Ice Baby Vanilla, Ice Ice Baby Vanilla
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 01:20:53 am »

@Wingnut

Lol, I'll bet Bill hasn't kept her warm (gag) since...how old is Chelsea again? 

Wingnut

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 01:33:06 am »
@Wingnut

Lol, I'll bet Bill hasn't kept her warm (gag) since...how old is Chelsea again?

:pondering:

Well...maybe He does a good dutch oven then?

Silver Pines

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 02:04:52 am »
:pondering:

Well...maybe He does a good dutch oven then?

@Wingnut

Excuse me while I go lose dinner!

Wingnut

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 02:06:27 am »
@Wingnut

Excuse me while I go lose dinner!

I am truly sorry for that.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 09:47:37 am »
I hear you. It used to rankle me to no end to hear Trump use words so...freely. Then I considered Buckminster Fuller's description of Soft Warfare in which words become munitions and mass media a strategic weapon.  Words have two basic functions, (1) tools of communication, (2) things which create by their application, a purposeful result - an effect.

An example of how words can become something other than primarily tools of communication was how they were applied to the Vietnam War by the Communists. Just as words can have effects apart from their popular context (as in how diplomats use words to give hints and say things that cannot be expressed overtly because of "delicate" situations) so they can even have almost no significance except as munitions (we have all heard the term "fire for effect" in regard to artillery).

Leftists have been using words primarily as munitions for most of the last decade while the GOP played catch-up. The ineptness of GOP politicians in this regard may have helped to cost them two presidential elections in 2008 and 2012.

The 'Crats have wholly disposed of statesmanship altogether, along with the notion that words should primarily be tools of communication for the exchange of information, opinions and thoughts. Trump beat them at their own game. He used words primarily as munitions not to communicate. He essentially beat the 'Crats at their own game.

That Trump employed this strategery (sic) is a departure from tradition for conservatism, because we tend to feel badly about using words in this manner. We like to be straightforward, honest, courteous and upfront. So when a candidate uses words with a careless, almost offhanded malice, cruelty, viciousness and reckless disinterest in nuance or content, it is very disorienting for conservatives. It feels wrong.

But the fact is that Machiavelli would likely have approved and if the Roman Republic's great humanitarians were operating in the post-modern era of soft warfare and mass media, they would have in all likelihood done exactly the same thing. Times change - sometimes for the worse.

So in the case of the regression of words to being little more than the same thing as bullets, bombs and nerve gas.
Face it.. They're anti-semantic.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 02:13:18 pm »

It's a sad life after you lose an election...

We don't have to listen to her awful very annoying shrieking!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 12:21:04 am »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2017, 08:38:16 am »
We don't have to listen to her awful very annoying shrieking!

Now if only we could get rid of Nancy Pelousy and her very annoying shrieking.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Wingnut

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2017, 01:37:51 pm »
Now if only we could get rid of Nancy Pelousy and her very annoying shrieking.

Maybe she would melt if someone hit her with some water?