Author Topic: Judicial Watch: U.S. Customs, Homeland Security Records Reveal Somalis Given Security Briefings, ‘Community Engagement Tours’ in Secured Areas at Major U.S. Airports  (Read 805 times)

rangerrebew

Judicial Watch: U.S. Customs, Homeland Security Records Reveal Somalis Given Security Briefings, ‘Community Engagement Tours’ in Secured Areas at Major U.S. Airports

DECEMBER 15, 2016
Email
Print
Text Size

Somalis Given Access to Sensitive Information

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch today released 31 pages of records from U.S. Customs and Border Protection revealing that the Department of Homeland Security has given Somalis “community engagement tours,” including security briefings, in secured areas at least three major U.S. airports – Los Angeles, Minneapolis, and Columbus, Ohio.

The records came in response to a May 2016 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, which sought records, documents and communications regarding a “Community Engagement Tour” in Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport on February 18, 2016.

The briefings provided to the Somali groups were so sensitive that in 14 instances the agency redacted portions of the records under Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) exemption (B)(7)(e), the law-enforcement “risk circumvention” exemption, which reads:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-u-s-customs-homeland-security-records-reveal-somalis-given-security-briefings-community-engagement-tours-secured-areas-major-u-s-airports/
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:02:15 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hopefully this will all come to an abrupt halt soon after January 20...

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Columbus, Ohio. Take that, flyover country!
@musiclady

I think I'll be flying out of Cleveland from henceforth.....    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

Just a coinkydink the OSU terrorist was a Somali ...   :pondering:

If I'm not mistaken, Columbus has the largest Somali immigrant population in the US other than Minneapolis.

On 9/11, Polaris Mall was a target.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.