Author Topic: Report: Carnival Joins List of Companies Forcing American Workers to Train Guest Worker Replacements  (Read 366 times)

rangerrebew

Report: Carnival Joins List of Companies Forcing American Workers to Train Guest Worker Replacements

Published: 
Thu, Dec 15th 2016 @ 11:18 am EST

Breitbart reports Carnival Cruise Line workers in Florida, California and Washington State were told they will be terminated on February 3rd and must train their foreign replacements. Carnival denies the workers’ claims but the company admitted it is shifting technology operations to Capgemini, a French firm that has helped U.S. companies import thousands of guest workers to fill middle-class jobs.

One technology worker who spent 20 years in the industry said the fact that this news “comes merely a few weeks before Christmas… makes the decision that much harder. My coworkers are worried about their families, their health insurance and whether they will be able to find work after they train their foreign replacement. The atmosphere at work is extremely somber. I am stressed and worried and my coworkers feel the same.”

200 to 300 workers must decide by December 19th whether they will take jobs with Capgemini to train their foreign replacements. They are not guaranteed work thereafter.

https://www.numbersusa.com/news/report-carnival-joins-list-companies-forcing-american-workers-train-guest-worker-replacements
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:53:17 pm by rangerrebew »

geronl

Same thing happens at the Trump resorts, he flies them in by the dozens