Author Topic: STAR TREK DISCOVERY Casts THE WALKING DEAD Star Sonequa Martin-Green in Lead Role  (Read 899 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The news Star Trek fans have been waiting for is finally here: The long-awaited new series Star Trek: Discovery has cast its principal lead character, and it is a face very well known to genre fans. According to Entertainment Weekly, we’ve learned that Sonequa Martin-Green, who is well known for her role as Sasha Williams on AMC’s The Walking Dead, has been cast as the lead of Star Trek: Discovery....

http://nerdist.com/star-trek-discovery-casts-the-walking-dead-star-sonequa-martin-green-in-lead-role/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline Cripplecreek

I'm guessing she'll be playing a captain which is sure to irritate the usual whiners over Star Trek being PC with a black female captain.

I would go one further and make her an alien.

If she's going to take over on a new series I think its a pretty good indication she'll be dying on TWD soon.

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:05:59 am by Cripplecreek »

Offline kevindavis007

I'll take it or leave it.. I never seen the Walking Dead.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Silver Pines

I'm guessing she'll be playing a captain which is sure to irritate the usual whiners over Star Trek being PC with a black female captain.

I would go one further and make her an alien.

If she's going to take over on a new series I think its a pretty good indication she'll be dying on TWD soon.

@CatherineofAragon

@Cripplecreek

Damn.  I'll be honest, although I like Sasha, I never totally warmed up to her.  She's a good character, but she's rather closed-off.  But I really don't want to lose another longtime group member.

geronl

It's going to be one of the most liberal PC shows ever

Offline Cripplecreek

@Cripplecreek

Damn.  I'll be honest, although I like Sasha, I never totally warmed up to her.  She's a good character, but she's rather closed-off.  But I really don't want to lose another longtime group member.

I think she'll be killed in the upcoming war. She's one of those who was practicing her sniper skills anyway.

Silver Pines

I think she'll be killed in the upcoming war. She's one of those who was practicing her sniper skills anyway.

@Cripplecreek

Most likely that's right.